Help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that good, hope they find out why? the fever is what I would be worried about.

Hope she start eating, never like to see them not eating..

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Glad the vet came I think you will see a huge improvement once her fever is down of course it may go back and forth for a few days if she has a virus.

Just like us they can be pretty miserable when they have a fever but sometimes there is not much else you can do short of meds to bring it down and wait if it is a virus.

We had one run thru here a few years back and it was awful had a barn full of horses who had temps well over 105 for days but all were fine after a few days

I also am sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Please update us when you have a moment.

We have answers!!!!

She has an upper respiratory infection while being anemic. She is just showing it differently. The vet is hopeful that her anemia will even out once she has kicked the infection.

And to add to the fun, she has spread it to my other six horses.
default_wacko.png

So I currently have seven sick horses, all showing the infection differently. My special needs mare is handling it very well, thankfully.

Because of the fever reducer they are on, they are still eating and drinking, which I am grateful for. So hopefully they will beat this virus quickly.

I am on extreme babysitting duty for the next week or so.

Glad you have answers! Wishing your horses a speedy recovery!

I'm glad the cause was found so she could be treated!
default_aktion033.gif

But OH! I'm sorry that you now have 7 sick horses
default_sad.png

I hope they all get better soon. Take care of yourself too please!

We have answers!!!!

She has an upper respiratory infection while being anemic. She is just showing it differently. The vet is hopeful that her anemia will even out once she has kicked the infection.

And to add to the fun, she has spread it to my other six horses.
default_wacko.png

So I currently have seven sick horses, all showing the infection differently. My special needs mare is handling it very well, thankfully.

Because of the fever reducer they are on, they are still eating and drinking, which I am grateful for. So hopefully they will beat this virus quickly.

I am on extreme babysitting duty for the next week or so.
default_aktion033.gif
Glad you have an answer. Is she on any supplement for the anaemia? My Willow was severely anaemic in the summer after her bout with PHF and subsequent ulcers (whether she had them all along or as a result of the PHF and treatment...who knows) my vet had me administering Nutrequin (along with Omeprazole) for a month. It's important to get the Iron in her and Nutrequin, from what I've been told (and witnessed) is amazing stuff.

I am so happy you have some answers. Sorry to hear about your sick herd, but at least you know what measures must be taken and they are all being treated.

Latest posts

Back