help with 1 month old filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelveoaks

Reaction score
default_unsure.png
default_sad.png
have a 1 month old filly she has a lage knot about the size of a golf ball under and on the side of her lower jaw just under her last tooth
default_no.gif
she acts like it hurts it you touch it but other wise she is feeling fine(eating,running and just playing. i was thinking that may be it is a tooth i am taking her to the vet but can not get in until tomorrow any ideas

thanks

strangles?

If it could possibly be strangles I would isolate her and her mom and begin quarantine management.

Is there any way she could have been exposed to a strange horse or has someone been to your farm after going to another farm?

I hope it's not, but better safe than sorry.

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 1 month old colt last summer who had that, since a few years ago I had a run in with strangles I panicked. But, the colt was not sick, was acting normal, no discharge, no fever, eating normally too. I called the vet and they said to just watch it as it was probably just a reaction to his teeth coming in. So I watched and watched and kept an eye on my other foals too. Well he cleared up just fine and no one else got sick, so the vets were right!!

i think you are right on the tooth that is what everybody has said she has no other side effects and the knot is right under the side where a tooth would come in she is happy , running eating and just being a baby

sp i am not worried babout stangles

Latest posts

Back