Help please!! I need help!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
Ok so here I go with my problems.....

A week ago I found out that one of my close mates tried to commit suicide. It was really depressing to find out that she has actually been cutting herself for a year and none has known, she has always covered it up.

She has been going through all the stages of bad depression at school and I dont think she is getting any better although she hasnt cut herself again yet. Although sometimes she has a anger fit and she goes into the toilets and punches the wall till her knuckles bleed which makes me and some other friends cry. She writes really really sad poems about her just wanting to leave the world and stuff like that which is really depressing.

Also me and my Mum have being having really bad problems. We have being arguing and fighting lots and she even kicked me out one night so I had to go and stay with a close family friend. I have threatened to run away and she told me to just go then which made me even angrier.

I also have a lot of pressure from my family and tight family friends to stay in top top stream at school.

I think this is all proving to be to much for me. I have read in magazines the symptoms for depressin and I think I have it. I try and act all chirpy and as if nothing is wrong and at night when I get back from school I just break down. My family is unaware and I am too ashamed to tell them, I am to embarrased and afraid they wont believe me and think I am being pathetic but they have no idea how loney and helpless I am feeling.

I really need some support guys, some help, some love. I feel ready to give up. I really need help, I want to beat this.

Depression is not something you can battle alone. Do you have counselors at school? I know that here the counselors are busy with testing and such, but if there is someone there, even a teacher, perhaps that you trust and could talk to that would be nice. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your Mom, but I think unless there is some reason not to you should start by trying to open a dialogue with her and tell her you need to talk to someone.

You might need to talk to a professional. There are LOTS of medications out there that can help you, but they must be prescribed, and you have to take them as directed.

If talking to someone there is not an option, you know that you have support here. I hope you get through this alright. Sounds like you are having a rough go of it right now. You will be in my thoughts,

Stacye

Please PM me secret about this...

I used to cut and such for the longest time. I don't anymore... but I know what its like and I may have a few ideas.

BTDT; attempted suicide, etc. and had a fairly dismal time as a teenager at times.

BUT, it is right on that you need to seek outside help.

You need a support group. There will be someone(s) that can help you understand why and how and get you on the right track to fix it. Most of all, you are so worth it.

Believe me, looking back, I can see that it was worth any battle to make it through to the joys and happiness of life rather than to give up. From there looking here, the glass was black and I could not see through it, nor did I see any reason to fight it or look for help.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me or IM me (nootka20 YIM, 1717426 ICQ, [email protected] msn)

My thoughts are with you.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back