**HELP** New Equipage System

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msbjmassey

Reaction score
Okay, so after saving up for years to purchase a foaling alarm system we have finally purchased the Equipage system. Everything is set up correctly and it works perfect, BUT the problem is that ever time the mare lays down the alarm goes off. I understand that is the concept of the system but it there a way to set the alarm to go off maybe 30 seconds to a minute after she lays down so it does go off every time she rolls around.

What do all of you do? Do you get up each time the alarm goes off and check on the mare or do you wait for it to go off a second time.

Also, if the mare is already laying down and the alarm has gone off will it go off again once it resets if she is still laying down?

I guess my big question is how to reduce the false alarms?

I would rather have 1000 false alarms than miss the birth but it just seems the alert is calling me every 30 minutes!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry wish I had better news... This is how mine does with a mare that likes to lay flat out as well. Luckily I have cameras set up. When the alarm goes off I just have to look at the tv and watch to see if its labor or false alarm. Although it does mean holding eyes open to figure it out
default_wacko.png
... but still better than running outside and bothering the mares. BTW the camera and tv setup was VERY cheap. I got mine from X10 on the internet. I also got the wired one so that the picture was better, no interference from phones microwave etc.. and also because my foaling stalls are far from the house.

One more thing... I have noticed something with my mares that tend to normally lay flat. When they dont lay flat all of the sudden... its coming soon!!!
default_yes.gif

I have an Equipage system and love it. But, unfortunately, it will go off everytime a mare lays flat. So, those that lay flat out often through the night can be annoying. You can't change how the system is set up.

You should be able to reset the pager after it goes off and it won't go off again as long as the mare doesn't move from that position.

I have my monitor set up right next to my bed, so I don't even have to lift my head to see what the mare is doing.

Also, the system doesn't work properly if the batteries in the pager and transmitter are not fresh or if the internal battery in the repeater is getting old. You will get many false alarms with any of those scenarios.

Good luck with it and hope you get it figured out to where it works best for you!

My friend gave me the loan of her equipage and its currently on my maiden who could spend her night flat out. She likes to sit up for a while then lie flat, sit up for a while then lie flat and thats the way she goes through the night.

I have my laptop beside the bed and the pager under my pillow (baby in the room so down want her woken by it). So when it goes off I keep the button pressed for 30 secs while it resets and I check out what she is doing on the monitor and then basically its back to sleep till either the baby or mare kicks off again (baby sick at the moment so not fun)

Latest posts

Back