Help needed w/video tribute for friend...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelotcavs

Reaction score
I have a frind who raises Friesian crosses and she is in so much pain today.....

Her beautiful BS black paint mare was bred to her Friesian stallion for a June foal. Phoenix was born on the day his mother crossed the bridge. Sadie had three large tears and could not be saved. For 15 days Phoenix has been that family's whole world ... feedings, cleaning and love. Phoenix could not stand well by himself and the farm vet thought he had a broken stifle. After xrays it was determined it was not broken and he should go to MSU. Today he went to MSU and here is the story from his "mom" (with permission)...

Phoenix was doing ok.. he went to MSU today to have his leg looked at (not good news on the leg but we were going to try)...While there he had several milk bottles and was thoroughly enjoying the cushy bed they brought him (and all the attention and pets from the girl staff members, (he so reminded me of Baron at those moments lol)..We were talking to the vet before we were going to load up to leave and Phoenix suddenly started to crash.. temp started going up and oxygen levels dropping by the minute.. It was very warm out today and vet thought perhaps heat stroke..(we were there most of the day) so we moved him to a cool room and gave him a alcohol rub followed by a cool bath and a shot of banamine. Also put a oxygen mask on him, but nothing was working!.... He continued crashing temp going up and up and oxygen level dropping.. This all happening within less then an hour.. One minute we were ready to load up our precious Phoenix and head home... then next we were losing him. The vet was stunned by the fast turn of events. It was clear he was about to die right before my family's eyes.. (my 7 yr old son Vincent and hubby were there).. I let my hubby make the decision to let him go.. I kissed Phoenix and told him I loved him and I was so sorry I couldn't help him. I told him his Mom was waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge, then my son kissed his face and told him he was the best buddy ever (insert tears). My husband I left alone with Phoenix.. he had a extra special bond with him. I am VERY concerned about my husband he is DEVESTATED. Don't get me wrong I am crying now.. I am heartbroken.. But my hubby is just not taking this in what I would consider a normal fashion. Certainly if love could have saved Phoenix my husbands love alone would have been enough. Dr Carr put Phoenix to sleep and emerged with my husband and they were both in tears.(I waited outside with my son) Our every day vet at home said she would not be able to put him down if the time ever came as she cared so much for him. He was very special... to many people... I am not sure why God gave him to us for such a short time.. but I will say learned a lot..... My computer is having major problems and it's a miracle I am able to use it right now. I am going to have to buy myself a new one in the next couple of days... Now that our beautiful Phoenix is free please say a prayer for my husband Bob who's heart is broken... Thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time..

I have a very few photos of Phoenix and one of Sadie - there is also a song that Rachel heard while this was going on that I would love to incorporate into a short tribute video for the family.

If anyone can do this I will pay whatever it takes....

God's Foal

I'll lend you for a little while

My grandest foal, He said,

For you to love while he's alive

And mourn for when he's dead.

It may be one or twenty years,

Or days or months, you see.

But, will you, till I take him back,

Take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief,

You'll have treasured memories

To bring solace in your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But, there are lessons taught on earth

I want this foal to learn.

I've looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes

With trust I have selected you.

Now will you give him your total love,

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate Me when I come

To take him back again?

I know you'll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness you've known

Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for him

Much sooner than you'd planned,

You'll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday understand.

BobandPhoenix.jpg

(posted with permission)

I'm sorry your friends lost their horses. That hurts a lot. I know!

I can tryto make your tribute for you. I have a video editing/creating program we've made music videos for my husband's band with. PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Latest posts

Back