Help! I'm coming down with a cold

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovinarabs

Reaction score
I know that this is happening because I haven't been sleeping and I have been stressing (about lots of things, Champ Show just being one of them). But how do I stave off a full blown sickness. We will be getting very little sleep starting Thursday night and I need to have my wits about me for competing in 3 year old snaffle for the first time. What does a person do to hold off the common cold??? HELP!!!!

The common cold usually has to run it's course over a ten day period.

You can get rest, and lots of it. Drink orange juice and ginger ale. Take hot showers and inhale the steam. Also stick your face in the dishwasher while it's half way, and inhale the steam from it too. But calm down and rest.

I sure hope you can ward it off but if you can't, please don't try to ride when you're sick. It's dangerous and no ribbon is worth you getting hurt over.

Get some Zicam! You put it in your nose at the very first signs of a cold (follow directions) and it kills the cold virus where it replicates the most, which is in your nose. Don't delay as you must catch it at the very beginning stages for it to work at helping to reduce the severity or even eliminate the cold. I used it for the first time last year and it did wonders to prevent me from getting a couple of colds.

i swear by zicam! it will shorten a cold in days and severity. Im so sorry that i didnt have any on hand (i thought it was too early in the year for a cold) as I came down with one of the worst colds i have had in years last week and I am still not over it.

Last year i took zicam everytime one of the kids had a cold and I never got sick all winter

For now on I will always have zicam in the cabinet.

I swear by Zicam too! And chloseptic makes one that melts on your tongue that I give to my kiddos.

I've been drinking the OJ all day and heading to get Zicam tonight. Thanks for all your help. I know that I could get rest if I could just shut my mind off. I won't ride if I can't ride safely, thanks so much for your concern Marty! It's not like I plan to be in the ribbons anyway. I'm just going for the experience and to hang with friends.

Zicam! I use the fast-melt cherry flavored tabs and am now far past the skeptical stage as there is absolutely no doubt that it has staved off at least three colds and one major bug in the last year since I found it. I felt my throat start to get scratchy (always my first sign), took Zicam, and it went away immediately while everyone around me got sick. SO worth the money!

Leia

Zicam works. Airborne and EmergenC are also excellent.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back