Help, I need baby shower ideas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
We are giving my daughter, Wendy a baby shower October 23 She is due Dec 9 & they are fairly sure it is a girl( "she" kept turning & putting her foot in her crotch!

I got the paper goods, made & sent invitations but really want some ideas for favors It seems everyone does the folded napkin into diapers bit Some use hand towels, some napkins & fill witrh candy

I was thinking of doing the chocolate that you make of smalll baby items They sell molds with bitty bottles, rattles etc

I am asking all you crafty people to give me some ideas!

Thanks in advance
saludando.gif

Consider me practical -- not "poofy" when it comes to babies.....

I recommend a case of newborn diapers and a case of baby wipes. Let the rest of the folks give her the cutsie outfits and fluffy blankets, etc.
biggrin.gif

MA

PS: Oh! Party favors??? How about little doll bottles filled with little candies, like M&Ms?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually for a gift we were going to give her a baby sling from Walking Rock Farm in VT They are super useful, snuggly carriers My son & his wife showed them to us It allows dad also to carry the baby close It is almost like being back in the womb- It reminds me of the baby being in a pea pod! The material is designed to wick away moisture if it is hot or to keep baby warm in cold weather

So... the favors is what I need help with

Chocolate fondue is the rage here. You can rent a really nice ones from Party shops or buy a cheaper tabletop one. I went to shower and they had this and it was a blast. We dipped pretzels, marshmellows, gummy bears, fruit like bananas and strawberries.

Where it is a fall shower you could use carmel dip and us apples and pretzels or animals crackers. I bet you could use one of those small crock pots. I am not sure this would be considered a favor but it is fun....

To give away maybe some small potted plants with a pretty ribbon tied around it. Or buy one of those herb kits ( with the little tiny pots) and separate them and put a bow around each of them. New beginnings for the new sprout.. ok I know I am reaching..

Tammi

saludando.gif
aktion033.gif
I love these things. Use the little paper parasols that are for drinks for decorations. Like for name places and in bunches on tables. I have also used a open umbrella to hold the prizes for the games. Little booty socks to hold the party favors works great. A few herseys kisses and huggs in each sock.My favorite game for baby showers is naming the babiess for lots of animals.Now lots of people know that a baby girl horse is a filly and boy is acolt but not many know a baby oyster is a set, baby swan, goose etc. lots of fun

I have used the little parasols turned upside down and filled w/candy. The very tiny gift bags filled w/candy and cake top decorations tied to the bag w/ribbon its expensive and very cute.

My favorite game is the string. Take a roll of string and have each guest roll off an amount of string that they think will fit around moms tummy at its biggest point. Then the string that is closest to the actual measurement wins a little prize. Its so funny to see how big some think moms tummy is. Sometimes twice as big. LOL

Many moons ago, when friends were having wee ones, we would fill baby bottles and sippy cups with assorted miniature candy bars or tootsie rolls etc. One of of them had a $20 inside and ten had $1 scratch off tickets. You have to really arrange the candies so no one knows which one had what in it and they would reach in and pick their own. No one could open them until the end of the party.

Fran

Latest posts

Back