Help for REO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Several years ago, we scheduled a work day and went and helped a forum member. Could we organize a work day to help REO?

I can go on a weekend and would be glad to go help clean up the mess.

It looks like from the pictures that she sent me that they could really use the help. They are going to need chain saws and operators, someone to help straighten fence, and a LOT of muscle to clean up that mess. They have trees down on their house and barns as well as on the fences.

REO has really helped a lot of us and I think this is something we could do to help her.

So, what do you say? Who would be willing to go help?

Mary

Because of the distance and work for so many of us, getting there to actually do the work may be difficult, but maybe we could help out those who can actually get there. Either by sending money for gas, or gift cards for her local home improvement store, or sending what's needed if we have time to get it there. Not sure, just ideas in case someone wants to help but getting out there isn't an option. I hope things start to improve for all of them!

No close by sadly. But would LOVE to help Robin and Nort!!!!!

I, too, am too far to go and help in person.....But, also remember there are other forum members that could use help as well.....why just ONE member? (Not to say Robin, whom I luv dearly doesnt deserve it) Just remember the others as well............JMO

Robin is very dear to me, closer than my blood relatives, related by heart not DNA. I am in New Jersey, too far away to help.

BUT... I know that Robin takes PayPal for her horses.... Does ANYONE know if she takes paypal via her regular email address, or what her paypal address is? Things are tight but I would love to donate money, since I can't donate my time and energy with the far distance as it is. Donations can pay for gas, roof repairs, chain saw rentals, barn and fence repair etc. Her fencing took a hit as did her barns, and worst of all there is a power line DOWN on her well house that the Electric company WILL NOT fix, and this is DANGEROUS!

Please if you know what her paypal account is that I can send some help via money, I would love too. Every little bit from her friends will add up.

Robin also.

I SURE wish I were closer!!! I'd be there in a "hoof beat"
default_biggrin.png
! However, I'll keep Reo in my thoughts!!!

Thank you so much Mary Lou!

Robin Russo

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{{{Mary}}}}}
default_wub.png
You're wonderful to think of us!

Wow you guys, you've no idea what it means to me that you are thinking of us.

I'm not sure I would feel right to get help if Theresa and others that might need it don't get it too. Like LindaL said. (Luv you too girl)

If someone (like Erika who says she's trying to gather up some guys to come) does come and helps clear some of this, I'd grill them a burger or something! But we can't ask people to come, that's too much to ask.

Karrel and I THANK YOU for your offer of help (wow!
default_wub.png
) but we can't accept such a gift.

We will be ok.
default_yes.gif

SMOOCH to my forum family!
default_wub.png

I know that Robin and her husband have been out of power for EIGHT DAYS now (a recenlty borrowed generator helps now so she can make intermittent posts and emails). I wish I could go help out, but besides the distance, my recent foot operation makes that not possible at this time. I would be more than happy to contribute funds to her and the other forum members who have damage from the ice storm and still need running water, etc. What a mess!

Robin-

What's your weather doing now - hope it has let up. Sure wish a lot of us were closer - I know I would be there to help you and Theresa in a minute.

(((((HUGS))))

Barbie

I am sorry that this has happened to you all in the eastern 1/2 of the states. I too am too far away to help. I would if I could. I have always helped anyone in any way I can. Including babysitting prego mares. Checking them 4-5 times a day and running to the vet at the drop of a hat to help handle the horses. I am just so far away from you all. Right now we are blessed with sun and warmer weather. I wish these blessings for you all too.

I was in NO WAY leaving out Theresa and Art. They live very close to Robin and it would be really easy to spend 1/2 a day at each place.

Some of you that don't use paypal have asked me what you could do. They have both a Lowe's and a Home Depot in Lawton, OK (the closest town of any size)There is also an Atwoods there. Gift cards can be purchased online but I cannot find either Robin or Theresa's mailing address. I know that I have both but don't know where my address book is hiding.

I had planned to go down next weekend but with snow and low temps predicted for every day next week except Tuesday and Friday, it is unlikely that the roads will be safe from this part of the state to their's.

Keep praying for them, this has been a devastating storm.

Mary

Robin - as I told you in my email, if I lived closer to you John and I would be over in a heartbeat to help both you and Theresa and any one else in need of man power. Still praying that your power is restored soon my friend. XXOO

What about Stephanie at Three C? Has anyone talked to her? Someone did say they'd talked to her right after the storm & at that point she had no power & couldn't get her generator going. Has anyone heard from her since & if so, how is she coping? Has she got power back, or did she get the generator working? Are her horses okay? I would imagine that she has a real mess to clean up too?

Robin you know I'd be there if I could - even if I had to ride Thumper!!

I wish I could help REO. But the best I can send right now is ((Hugs)).

It will take a little time but things will get better.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am so sorry that you guys are going thru such devestation. Have they yet declared it a state disaster?
default_unsure.png
They should for heavens sake. I realize it still doesn't help in the moment and if my health was tops I would drive down and help out
default_no.gif
Last year our ice storm hit us and we had no power for 4 days and a mare that foaled (a beautiful colt) no where near the problems you are having not to mention the stress of it all. All those beautiful trees
default_no.gif

Heard from Stephanie at 3C this morning. they got their POWER on! They are going to be ok. She hasn't said how much of a mess they have to clean up.

Now I am hearing of Sandy R in bad shape in VA.

default_no.gif

Charlotte

OK - so where is the AMERICAN Red Cross and the National Guard? Are they helping the people in OUR country??

Latest posts

Back