Hello!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpony

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in the NHR forum but since I WILL be telling you about my boys I figured I might as well put it here! I just registered and thought I should introduce myself.

I've been lurking around here for the last day or two. I've been looking for a Miniature Horse forum that is as friendly and kind as the other breed specific horse forum i go to and after a few days checking you all out this looks like I may have found the place!

My name is Lorna, but no one aside from my mother in law and my mom calls me that. Everyone else calls me "Pony" and has since I was 12. I'm in my mid 30's, married with one child, and I have three dogs, six cats (all house pets), an old rescued Shetland pony, a weanling miniature horse, a mouse and two fish. I live on 13 acres in a very rural part of Michigan. Two of my dogs are Hairless Chinese Crested Dogs, I get a lot of weird looks and comments on those two, hehehe.

I've owned my pony, Jamie, since 1992. He was 4 years old when I got him with the intent to either rehab him or euthanise him, he was severly foundered and I had watched his owners beat him with lengths of garden hose on more then one occasion. I wanted his mother, who they also owned, and i figured i would buy him with the condition that if they ever sold his dam I would get rights of first refusal on her but since he was clearly unsound i would either end his suffering or place him with someone as a companion animal to a lonely horse. By the time I got him walking again I was so in love I couldn't bare the thought of rehoming him with anyone but ME! (I did eventually get his mother, she was a fantastic driving pony but had health issue related to her abusive youth and I lost her in March of 1996
default_sad.png
)

Late this spring I purchased a 4 week old miniature horse colt who I named Sparrow (I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan, so yes, he is named after Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean). Of course, he lived with his mom until he was old enough to wean but is now home with me and I'm SO in love that I can hardly stand it. Almost all of my animals are rescues so it was quite a different situation to actually be buying a critter for a change. Sparrow will be a driving horse when he grows up a little. I have no plans to show, showing makes me stress too much to be enjoyable. I will probably never breed, either, since being a rescuer in the past (even though I mostly just rescued cats) I have a problem breeding any animal that isn't pretty much perfect and proven in some way. I've always wanted to breed mini's but I think now I will stick to what I do best and when finances permit just get rescues. :lol:

I'm not entirely new to mini's, years ago I had an AMHR class B colt. He was a sweet fellow and I learned a lot about caring for tiny horses from him. Unfortunately I had to sell him (My ex husband wasn't very supportive of my love of horses). However, I still have a lot to learn about mini's and their special needs. That is why I wanted to find a place like this! I've worked with horses off and on since I was 13, so I know horses in general pretty well but I think knowing a group of people who know a LOT more then I do will make me feel a little more secure in this mini horse adventure i have embarked on. I already learned not to worm my mini with Quest, which I never would have known otherwise!!!

Oh my, I fear I have written a novel length post here. I guess I will just stop now, hehe.

:saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Warpony! I enjoyed reading your history. And it wasn't too long
default_smile.png
Welcome here....I bet you'll get find you can't go a day without checking in to see what's going on...like we all do
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte

Hehe, I can already see this is going to be one of those addictive places. I have a few other forums i go to daily, what's one more?
default_wink.png
:

Hello & welcome :saludando: to the forum from the bluegrass state of Kentucky. :saludando:

Hi Warpony

Welcome to the Forum and I know you will be very happy here. There is a wealth of knowledge to learn and wonderful people to meet.

Ginny StP

Welcome to the Forum Warpony, I am in MI also, there are quite a few here from MI,

I have only been living here for under a year, but brought all my horses with me, 13 mini's and 6 Quarter Horses.

You wil likeit here, there are some other Mini forums that are nice also.

I don't post as much as I should, but i do read every day.

Again Welcome and enjoy.

Jan

Welcome Aboard, Pony! :saludando:

Yep, we are one huge family on here........we do squawble from time to time, but when things get rough for "one of our own" we pull together!

When and if you are ever interested in the Rescue part of miniature horses and ponies, there is a nonprofit organization that was started on this forum. They have their own page on Lil Beginnings and often need Foster Homes.

MA

Welcome Pony! :saludando:

It's nice to have you here and I really enjoyed reading your intro!
default_yes.gif
:

Welcome to the forum from the Pine Barrens of the beautiful Wharton State Forest in southern New Jersey! :saludando:

[SIZE=14pt]Welcome to the Forum, Pony! :saludando: You sound like the BEST kind of horse person to me....and you'll be a welcome addition to our group!
default_yes.gif
: I enjoyed reading about your family....two-legged AND four-legged!
default_wink.png
:
[/SIZE]

Hello from Maine! :saludando:

I also enjoyed reading your intro.

This is a fun place to go to read stories and see pictures, you'll also learn a ton and you'll find help around every corner!

Nice to "meet" you. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back