Heading to Touch of Class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alongman

Reaction score
Jason and I are heading out tomorrow morning for Scottsdale, AZ and the Touch of Class show. Is anyone else going to be there? If you are, stop by Victory Lane Training (Austin Van Wyck's stable) where we'll be and say "hi". Safe travels if you're heading that direction.

I am so jealous!! Are you stopping to pick me up on the way? I would love to go. There is a driving horse I seen advertised that would be really nice to have in my barn. Unfortunately I am sure out of my league, so I didn't even look further into it. Have fun!!! Let us know how your trip goes.

Okay I had to go check and of course I would love to have Lot #30 on the sale that is guaranteed a spot with Austin this year. So Adam, you just talk them into donating that horse to a great cause...me
default_biggrin.png

All kidding aside looks like the show and sale should be a great event. I wish we were closer. If you catch prices Lot #20 and #30 I would be interested in knowing what they sell for.

By the way Adam, my palomino gelding is sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there, since I live very close to Westworld ;)

And I will be a the auction and writing down what they sell for! That driving mare mentioned (assume it's a mare, I didn't read all the geldings and stallions so maybe there's two gaurenteed with Austin and I don't knw it...) is on my list of once I'm interested in (but am sure I can't afford lol)

Jessi

And I will be a the auction and writing down what they sell for! That driving mare mentioned (assume it's a mare, I didn't read all the geldings and stallions so maybe there's two gaurenteed with Austin and I don't knw it...) is on my list of once I'm interested in (but am sure I can't afford lol)

Jessi
You need to come sit at the Mare Stare table...Penny & I will put you to work. LOL I look forward to seeing you!

Jessi
You need to come sit at the Mare Stare table...Penny & I will put you to work. LOL I look forward to seeing you!

Hmmm how can I bid then (hahaha ya never know.... ;) ) Where will the marestare table be?

Definately will have to look for you. I will have my blue merle mini aussie with me, and likely my red merle and one of my black tris... so shouldn't be hard to find haha ;)

Wish I was going to AZ (horses and sunshine...can't get any better than that! Oh and some very dear friends there, too!
default_saludando.gif
)....have fun everyone!
default_smile.png

Have fun and drive safe everyone!

I'd love to know the prices afterward-pretty please
default_smile.png

Hey Adam!!!!!

Tommy and I will be driving up to Phoenix tomorrow (Tuesday) with several horses from Benson, AZ. Since our horses are located in the same place as you (with Victory Lane) there thankfully won’t be any way we will miss you. It sure will be GREAT to see you again!

Heather we’re looking forward to seeing and visiting with you too!

sls...The first show is: Wednesday, Thursday, March 25 and 26th. The Copper Classic sale is Friday the 27th. The second show is: Saturday and Sunday March 28 and 29th. Both shows start at 8:00 a.m.

Travel safe everyone!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

We are leaving today , 16 hour drive for us, and are really looking forward to the show and sale. We have never been to West World. Bob has a lot of family in Scottsdale, so it will be a family reunion of sorts too.

The sale looks amazing !!!!!.....and I do have 2 open slots in my trailer...not a good thing..LOL !!!!!

Safe trip everyone
default_smile.png

Sue
default_smile.png

I just got back from sunny Arizona - the trip was amazing. We are very, very tired, but the work and long hours were well worth it. We got the opportunity to handle some of the most amazing animals in the world. Austin (Victory Lane Training Center) has some incredible show animals (both driving and halter).

Lot #30 on the auction, Blueberry Muffin, was no-saled for a bid of $30,000. Her reserve was set at $45,000, I believe. Her owners are fantastic people who really want her to go to a place where she will be treated like the queen she is. Only in my dreams could this fantastic single mare come to my farm.

Keep your eyes open though, there is a VERY nice mare that may be (wink wink
default_wink.png
) heading this direction after driving training in Arizona.

Glad to see you back and to hear you had a wonderful time there! Watched the whole auction online...and I agree with the quality of the horses there. Now back to clipping, taking pics and video *wink*

Muffin's bid actually only hit $28K. They were asking for 30 but didnt get it. There were a lot of NICE horses at the sale and I hope they will do another sale next year. It was well done, moved along and was quite enjoyable. I know a couple of people that purchased horses there (ahem.... speak up folks, LOL) that were pretty darned nice.

Darn I wish I had known this many Forum Family was coming out, I would have tried to look some of you up, but I didnt have much time- SO is back in the hospital again <sigh>

Chance.jpg

Here's the new girl. Actually, Jason found her and we decided that we needed to add this beautiful mare to our show string and breeding program. Thanks Jana for selling her to us and thanks Austin for keeping her and training her to drive during her stay in Arizona.

Adam -

She is a lovely mare - we saw her at Austin's Monday before we flew home. With some exercise and training she will be truly outstanding, IMHO. Was great to see you (as always) and great to meet Jason as well. Sure wish we could have brought home some of the weather - we tried to pack sopme but I think the baggage handlers at the Phoenix airport are trained to let it out of the bags and keep it down there. Sure seems cold as he... here.

Mark

Hey Adam...she's lovely and I know she will be an incredible driving horse once Austin works his magic. It’s always so great seeing you and meeting Jason was a treat. Thank you so much for all your hard work in helping us get our horses ready to strut their stuff in the ring. My showing “Catch” in Country Pleasure Driving at TOC was my first time back in the show ring since the late 70’s and it felt great to wear off some of the ring rust. Thanks for the encouragement!

Mark…It was wonderful seeing you and Sharon again too and it was fun listening to your experiences in Margaritaville. Maybe one day we will join you! LOL You are such an incredible announcer and you and Sharon certainly do your part in making the shows all that they can be. Big hugs and thanks to both of you for all that you do!!!

I also want to thank everyone that had anything to do with putting on the show and the sale. They were both well run and it was a pleasure to participate in one of our favorite shows!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Dawn, I never would have guessed you hadn't been in the ring for that many years!!!! You really caught up fast and handled Catch AMAZINGLY!!!!

Mark and Sharon - maybe you didn't get the sunshine home because Jason and I came back to Minnesota
default_smile.png
I AM the sunshine!!!! When's the next cruise?!

Back