Have to be honest love horses but oh we humans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mo mhuirnín

Reaction score
This will be one of my first and last posts- I am getting way too discouraged with myself and humanity.

I have been involved with horses all my life and its always the same the humans become a problem.

Why do we lose the focus of the joy and privledge it is to have these amazing creatures in our lives.

Why is it more important;

To have two registries for one little horse

To do everything in our power to clip stretch sweat - whatever to change that beloved little horse into something we think it should be

Why is it that we breed for traits that may leave crippled suffering little creatures

Why do we not seek ways to find those damaging traits because past & present champions may carry those traits

Why do we make such a fuss over late entries(yee charge them extra for an extra week)

Why Why Why than to have comapssion for our fellow man , our beloved horses, our world.

Its not just the miniature world its all disciplines

I am pointing a finger but I know three are pointing back.

So how does it change. How do we give our heads a shake and see that none of this will save a dying childs life, it will not make world peace it will not break the drought!

I know there are so many wonderful people heck we all can be at times but the greatest impact comes when we allow our inhumanity to surface.I know it is a hard road but a worthwhile one to take.

Blessings to all

Respectfully,

Pauline Long-Wright

Canada

For the most part, people are well intentioned.

People subject themselves to all sorts of things for beauty... Hours at the gym, tanning, makeup, waxing, electrolysis, plastic surgery, Botox... None of it necessary but some of it commonly practiced.

Who is to say a show horse has a worse life than one out in a pasture?

But not showing horses will not save a dying child, either, so the point may be moot.

Personally, while I understand your points, I'm more concerned about man's inhumanity to man at this point in time. . . if people can't have empathy for others that they consider the same or equal, they will never feel so for those they feel are "beneath" them - whether human or other animal. . .

Oh, just stick around. You should really get a kick out of the Annual Post-Nationals or Post-Worlds Measuring Thread
blush2.gif

Mo mhuirnin are you okay. You sound really down. Yes, we as a race are very flawed but there are still some very very good kind and caring people in the world. I believe there are more good people than bad but we hear more about the troublesome ones. Please be kind to yourself and try not to give up on mankind. Go give one of your horses a hug and maybe tell them whats up in your world, they are often very good listeners.

don't know why that whole thing is bolded can't seem to make it normal

If you are really having trouble believing the goodness in people still exists go to the WW site and see how many people are opening their hearts to help out fellow horse folks who lost so much in a tragic unavoidable act of nature....truely good folks exist we just often lose focus on what is really important, why we are on this earth.

If you are really having trouble believing the goodness in people still exists go to the WW site and see how many people are opening their hearts to help out fellow horse folks who lost so much in a tragic unavoidable act of nature....truely good folks exist we just often lose focus on what is really important, why we are on this earth.
I was going to say what happened to the tragedy at the WW Miniature Horse Farm and how many people are stepping up for their recovery.

A lot of people can get hooked in to all the political drama, not talking about the US Elections but whats going on with the registries and the fact that Nationals and Worlds is coming so close usually you will see a lot of drama this time of year. But we all love the miniature horse and we just want to see the best for the breed. Some of us don't like to show, thats fine, some of us love to show and thats fine, I am one that loves to show, my horses don't live in stalls, they don't live in neck sweats, sure mine is conditioned and I do sweat my mare and exercise her but she's happy. If showing hurts my horses I would not do it, but I don't do anything to harm them to get a ribbon and many people on this forum feel the same way.

The world of humanity is in trouble, I agree, but I think the hearts of the miniature horse breeders are in the right place. Sure their are evil people out there, those you just need to avoid. But when you have one in your community that has a tragedy just like the Chapman's it's amazing how many people on here will step up and try to help.

As one who is known on this forum for my strong opinions and stands, I'll say this:

You have to choose your battles. For example, I don't like the scalping and gooping that goes on in horse shows and I don't do it, but it's not an issue of cruelty -- it's a matter of taste. State your opinion, but don't lose sleep over this issue.

Real cruelty exists. Horses are starved and beaten, neglected and abused. This is a battle worth fighting. Get involved with CMHR or other rescues and do your part to make a difference.

From time to time I've gotten very annoyed with issues discussed on this forum, but over the past 10 years, I've seen the best of humanity practiced. People who step up to help someone they have never met. Friendships that spring up between people separated by a continent. Support and advice shared amongst people who may have nothing else in common but their love for their animals.

There are members on this forum with whom I disagree on almost every issue, and yet we've shared tears over the loss of a beloved pet. Even when our battles have gotten out of hand, I've never forgotten their support during my personal tragedies.

So, before casting this forum to the cyber garbage heap, consider the good as well as the bad. If a battle is worth fighting, fight it with all of your might and never give in, but don't mistake today's tempest for matters worth giving your all.

Latest posts

Back