Have any of you fed beet pulp to pet goats? If so, how?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not, but maybe others have.

When we first got our goats (I guess it's been 8 or so ears ago!) I was told by goat people that they will NOT eat wet feed. I had contemplated giving the soaked hay cubes in the winter and as advised that they wouldn't eat it... I never did try to see f they would.

My aunt has Nigerians and honestly there are so many other things that they will eat as a treat so I wouldn't even bother with beet pulp. Our will eat almost anything--apple peels, watermelon rines, stale cookies etc.

My aunt has Nigerians and honestly there are so many other things that they will eat as a treat so I wouldn't even bother with beet pulp. Our will eat almost anything--apple peels, watermelon rines, stale cookies etc.
I agree 100%
default_yes.gif

I feed beet pulp to my 28yr old mare so I always have it on hand. My goats don't care for it much.

If any live in an area that grows P-nuts (I do) you can rest assured that they LOVE those.

There is a sheller facility near me and yrs back we used to drive a dump truck over and they let us put it under the chute that blew out the shells. When full (1 day or 2) we'd go get them and dump into the field in a pile. Had to close them out of the field while we dumped or they would get in the way trying to eat and be covered. But the shells are actually quite good fiber with a good amount of protein. Your horses will eat them also.

Talk about "free feed", what a deal! The P-nut sheller loved us, as they had to spead out this enormous pile and we helped a little with that. Had 100+ goats at the time, so everyone was happy with the situation. Collecting them at once gave us fresh product. With horses, as with all their feeds, you must be vigilant with mold issues when feeding in bulk.

Latest posts

Back