Has anyone tried Paddock Paradise with their minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo too each his own. But - IMHO - if a horse cannot itself negotiate different terrain (on its own) what are we breeding/reducing their natural abilities to? Only the perfect footing and perfectly level? I've seen to many dog breeders that 'were' hunting/sporting/working dogs bred to fluff - not what I would want to see happen to horse breeds.

Sorry to get off topic.

I think Paddock Paradise would be wonderful for the number of bored horses you see daily standing doing absolutely nothing until their next feeding. That is like a feed lot only they aren't being fattened up for slaughter.

We just put up the smallest paddock paradise ever this weekend. I am thinking it is probably the smallest in America. I didn't think it would work to be honest.

BUT IT IS!!!!! I am amazed. They are walking the parameter of our property taking a nibble of hay now and again. Tonight I came home from work and called them to their stalls for feed. They were only a few feet from me but had to walk my whole fence line to get to me. Totally awesome.

Hightly recommend. I can see the path ways easily getting muddy though. I am thinking I will probaly run around with a cart of gravel for the low spots now and then. Thinking it will take some maintenance. Spell check anyone. HOw do you spell maintenance. No dictionairy in sight.

Emma

Latest posts

Back