has anyone been to the Hoover Dam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
When we go through LasVegas we were thinking of stopping by the Hoover Dam l've never been so don't even know what the thing is except it was man made and a wonder. Are there things to do besides see the dam itself? Can you see everything in a day there is it a big place with lots of other things like stores not the museum and is it wheelchair friendly? Anybody before Monday if you know..

Relic,

It has been over 10 years ago, so I don't know what changes have taken place as far as shops etc. There was a recreation type facility but other than that now I don't know.

We have been 3 times and the first 2 we just drove our rental car there. But the last time we took a tour through our hotel and it is worth your time as far as I'm concerned. You go on tours below the dam and see so much more than we ever saw on our own. You might be able to take a tour through the rec. center by now I don't know. Maybe someone else knows more. But, if you like history and that type thing you will learn alot of history about it being built etc.

We would go there again in a second.

Hope this helps you some.

Judy

I've been several times it is pretty amazing BUT I have a heights issue so I found it quite nauseating as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
if you have a chance to see it you should......of course they say that about the grand canyon as well...and 3 times I was going to see it and chose to go to Oatman and pet wild donkeys
biggrin.gif
to caverns that was cool...and do not remember what the third thing was......guess I am just not a big "canyon" fan
rolleyes.gif

Did you ever see Vegas Vacation?
rolleyes.gif

We've been and went on one of the tours. It is actually pretty interesting because you see the inner workings and hear how it actually was built and REALLY how many bodies are NOT buried in the dam. To me it was worth the time and is a part of our history.

I did a day trip to Hoover Dam when I was in Las Vegas, and the number one thing I remember about it was how HOT is was--over 45 degrees C and the concrete only made it hotter!! I have never been so hot in my life!

As for the dam itself, it was interesting, especially if you're interested in that kind of stuff. I don't know if I would recommend it as a must-see, and I think once is enough for me. You can do the whole thing in just a couple hours. As for shops, etc. there may be a gift shop, but that's about it.

We just got back from Vegas tonight. We were there through Christmas and had a great time. The Hoover Dam is neat to see (we saw it both at night on the way to Vegas and coming back to Prescott in the light). The only problem we had was with the TRAFFIC! We didn't stop but still wasted about 30-40 minutes both ways just driving by...

In Vegas I definitely recommend the Mandalay Bay (a beautiful place with an awesome aquarium). We also saw a bit of everything else from a 3D safari show at the IMAX in the Luxor, Treasure Island's "Sirens" pirate show (PACKED and pretty risque), the MGM Grand's lions exhibit, as well as the 75 MPH "Speed" coaster at the Sahara (where we stayed) and the rides on top of the Stratosphere!

The Monorail pass is definitely worth it.

Latest posts

Back