Harness Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammie

Reaction score
I need to extend the girth on one of my harnesses at least a few inches to make it easier to buckle. Does anyone know where I can find an extender?

Thanks!!!

I don't know who would sell them, but all you really need is a piece of leather or heavy webbing the same size and width, hmmm...like a good quality dog collar.
default_yes.gif

Most mini tack shops sell harness pieces...I suggest you have several different sized girths, it just makes life easier that way.

Thanks Sue....I thought about making one myself but I don't have any leather scraps wide enough to work.

Fortunatley all of my driving horses have their own harnesses so I haven't had the need to have different sized girths until now. I am trying to make this harness accomodate my 37.5" mini, the last mini to use it was only 35" and not quite as big in the barrel.

If you have a saddle maker in your area, they are good at making just about anything you want. In what ever size you want. I had a few extra girths made I think they cost me something like $35 each. But then I had the fixed wrap kind with extra straps made instead of the over girth kind. Good luck in finding what you need.

I have ordered a new belly band from Ozark in the past, to accommodate a wider-around horse. They have multiple sizes, A,B, and Shetland and can even have something custom made, too. Look in their harness parts section.

This way the belly band is wider and rests evenly on the horse, too.

Andrea

Definitely just order a longer belly band rather than trying to fix extensions on the girth you currently have. It's easier, neater, and much more comfortable for the horse. An extra belly band doesn't cost all that much--you can buy them from Ozark, and as Andrea said you can even have them custom made to be the exact length that you want.

You need a new belly band piece or girth extenders - try Herron's Tack. I just picked up a belly band to shorten a girth. Give Mike a call at 515-996-2834.

Latest posts

Back