Hardshipping into AMHA QUESTIONS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
I have a mare who I am having trouble getting her dam's DNA tested.I was told I have to have the dam DNA test and the sire and the mare I own.The question I have I look online with amha

I saw it said fee is $600 for mares then the person who is coming to measure horse fees.

Has anyone hardship into amha how does it all work?What is the final price for mare in the end.

I saw I am not able to find my mare's dam Match Box Cricket.I was told she recently sold to Mexico.

Does anyone have any ideals?I was also told once you do hardship the mare it shows parents unknown
default_sad.png

Thanks Melissa

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since I have done my share of hardshipping recently it is pretty fresh in my mind LOL! Yes mare fee is $600 plus the $41 DNA fee. The cost for the person inspecting depends on who does it, some charge mileage plus an inspection fee, some just want something for gas reimbursement. You could always call AMHA to find out who would be closest to you so you can see about calling and finding out what they charge. You may be able to meet them if they will be at a show you are going to, that may help reduce inspection costs. Yes pedigree does not show up on the AMHA certificate but if they are AMHR registered you still have their documented heritage so that isnt a big deal to me. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

This mare would have to hardship into both amha and amhr because I am not able to find her dam for DNA testing
default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png
, if I could find her dam it would be perfect
default_smile.png
.It is so sad because my friend I got this sweet mare is very sick.My friend has cancer,so she hasn't been able to keep up paperwork it is so heartbreaking.I was hoping and praying to honor her by naming this mare in her honor with amha and amhr,but I am afraid she want be here if it isn't soon.We live in Brandon, Ms.I am not able to travel to shows, we dont' have horse trailer at this time. We had housein 09 hasn't gotten another trailer
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry to hear about your friend. AMHR is fairly easy, it takes nothing to hardship an A horse to R so I wouldnt worry too much about getting that done. My best advice is to contact AMHA and find out from them the best order to get stuff done in and to be able to find out who would be your closest options for doing the inspections. Try and get names and phone numbers from AMHA so you can contact them for quotes to help you figure out your total cost. If you want to really speed it along you can do the rush fees that are listed on the work order.

Latest posts

Back