Halter Charms

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a halter charm?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

nysart8902

Reaction score
My husband and I have a jewelry business, and we're trying to find some horse related items to make. That's why I had asked about the beaded halters. Someone had given me the idea to try doing halter charms, which was something I had not though about.

What do you think about halter charms?

Also why did you choose your answer for the poll? - please answer this if you vote, I'd love to get some feedback.

I would not buy them for myself personally, but I know a few little girls who would probably LOVE them for their ponies. So I may buy something like that as a gift for them...

I probably wouldnt buy a charm for my halters simply because I dont need any...horses already cost enough without adding in things that I dont really need.

I voted maybe because I am not sure if we would buy them or not. But I am sure that if my daughter saw them, she would ask for one.
default_smile.png

I think it would depend on the design/motif, and also on how they were hung. I wouldn't want something that was going to annoy my horse or tickle him.

Leia

All of my dogs have collar charms that I love. I do like to "pretty" my horses too and if I had the extra to spend I would be tempted to buy charms for the horses. The practical side of me says they would quickly be ruined though, between the dirt, head rubbing etc. Even my dogs' charms don't last very long. Since the dogs are out in public with me a lot and wearing their collars the charms are a cute way to pretty them up a bit (and make them a little more approachable, since some ppl are scared of my breed - until they meet them, that is
default_wub.png
). I think if you were marketing to horses it might be a little less practical for ppl to buy them. I bet young girls would love them though!

go to the youth forum and ask the same question I would bet there are youth who would love to have a little dress me up for their horse heck they put charms on their phones these days why not for their horse.

I think it would depend on the design/motif, and also on how they were hung. I wouldn't want something that was going to annoy my horse or tickle him.
Leia
I was thinking of using a variety of ends...lobster clasps, swivel clasps, key rings.. basically a good variety that will fit any halter. I also thought about using flat hair clips. The hair clips would be more for use in the mane/tail, like during parades and such.

All of my dogs have collar charms that I love. I do like to "pretty" my horses too and if I had the extra to spend I would be tempted to buy charms for the horses. The practical side of me says they would quickly be ruined though, between the dirt, head rubbing etc. Even my dogs' charms don't last very long. Since the dogs are out in public with me a lot and wearing their collars the charms are a cute way to pretty them up a bit (and make them a little more approachable, since some ppl are scared of my breed - until they meet them, that is
default_wub.png
). I think if you were marketing to horses it might be a little less practical for ppl to buy them. I bet young girls would love them though!
The one thing that we do offer is a guarantee. If something does break or wear, we'll make a new one for you. We will only replace it with the same thing if we make more than one of something, since we do have some pieces are only made once.

We're talking about doing dog collar charms, and also beaded dog collars.

go to the youth forum and ask the same question I would bet there are youth who would love to have a little dress me up for their horse heck they put charms on their phones these days why not for their horse.
Thank you, I hadn't thought about that. I just went over and posted about the halter charms and beaded halters

Just needed to add something. We're going to make one tonight, and cost it out. That way everyone has an idea of cost, and what some might look like.

Ok, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I love dressing up my halters. I have matching everything too!

Here's some photos of some halters I added 'bling' to. I just bought these charms from a craft shop and stitched them to the halters. These are little butterflies and flowers on this one.

100_0028-1.jpg

100_0006-1.jpg

Sadly, my horses don't fit into these halters any longer so it's time to get creative again and make some more!

[SIZE=12pt]It's a cute idea
default_smile.png
But for me.... I'm kind of a traditionalist. My idea of dressing up a halter is to put polar fleece tubes (fuzzies) on them
default_rolleyes.gif
I guess that's kinda dating myself. It used to be all the rage for our Thoroughbreds when I was quite a few years younger
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I think , as several have said, it would go over big with young girls
default_yes.gif

Joy

Can you make a Medic Alert one

we have a mare allergic to penicillin (sp?)

and I have looked for something for her halter

vets can be so quick giving a shot sometimes

then tell you after what it was. and I would have better piece

of mind knowing I don't have to count on my remembering

to tell them up front

I just want to label her

Latest posts

Back