Guess what we did this last weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
sd.gif
fd.gif

sc.gif
fc.gif

sm.gif
fm.gif

Wow! Yes, we need a little narrative to go with.

Thanks for sharing the pics, you guys look great!

Liz

This was the ADS Haven Hill Driving Trial held in Navasota, TX. There were 50 entries, but alas only 4 VSE's (minis). The weather was beautiful and the course was well done.

Unfortunatly, my reign of supremacy was ended by Susan who beat me by 2 points in the dressage and since we both had 0 faults in cones and the marathon, she won. She also won overall in the Training Division which included about 30 of the total entries. I am afraid I must live with this for a year.

Anyone close to one of these should really give it a try, It is great for the horse and the driver.

default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what fun! I can't wait for next summer, the CDE's are in hiatus here for the winter season.
default_smile.png

You know Al, it's all in the hat. and the accessories. Which Susan let me help her with. Sorry, beauty over age
default_biggrin.png

You GO GIRL!!!!!!

I thought about you guys the whole weekend--so sorry we couldn't come. On the bright side, Patty loved SFA which means she'll be close to you guys for the next 4 years.

Gosh, you both look great! And congrats on such great placings!!
default_aktion033.gif

Al B said:
This was the ADS Haven Hill Driving Trial held in Navasota, TX. There were 50 entries, but alas only 4 VSE's (minis). The weather was beautiful and the course was well done.
Unfortunatly, my reign of supremacy was ended by Susan who beat me by 2 points in the dressage and since we both had 0 faults in cones and the marathon, she won. She also won overall in the Training Division which included about 30 of the total entries. I am afraid I must live with this for a year.
Ah-ha! I was hoping someone would post pictures from Haven Hill. I'm disappointed there were so few VSE entries but on the other hand...at least the ones who went kicked butt! Congratulations to Susan on such a fine accomplishment and to both of you for such well turned out entries. Both horses look on the bit and in a nice frame. Is there a link to a bigger version of the pictures for more detailed examination of carts and harnesses?
default_wub.png

Leia

What an accomplishment!
default_aktion033.gif
And it looks so FUN!

I so admire those who can remember patterns. One of my instructors (under saddle) a long time ago......I would be thinking the horse and I were really working well and then I'd hear her..."Charlotte, where do you think you are going?" DUH.

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I recognize the set up, was that done by Tom O. ?

We had one here in Bandera for our club and it was awesome, learned alot and was so much fun.

Joyce

Leia,

Thanks, and no there are no bigger ones yet. I don't want you looking too closely
default_rolleyes.gif

Since we bought the CD with probably 100 pictures on it, do you think I would have posted one when they weren't correct?? Certainly not when he was trotting during the free walk part
default_wink.png

Joyce,

Yes, it was at Tom's place just South of Navasota. We tried to encourage all you guys to come out and give it a try or just watch. We did have a few mini people come out to watch and even volunteer. I'm going to get Tom to do a presentation at one of our Katy AMHA shows. If we can't get more mini people involved it will be dropped. I think Susan and I are going to be part of the show committee next year so we won't be able to compete. Talk it up and get some more folks to come out. We have a great deal of fun.

You all are such 'lucky ducks'--to be where you are close enough to several such events(and I hear, lovely venues, too!) Ya both look GREAT; way to GO!

Sad to say,there is a serious lack of interest in this kind of event in the Albuquerque area; maybe because it would be so difficult to come up with a suitable venue? (No big green 'estates/horse-available' venues in this area, that I know of, anyway!) I would LOVE to be closer to one, for sure!

Drive on!

Margo

Oh that looks like SO much fun!! And tell Susan I said congratulations!

I wish they closer to me, as I'd love to give one a try. But, at this point, I have to decide between the breed shows and something like that. DARN!!

You two look FABULOUS!!! and the horses too. Know it was a lot of fun.

thanks for posting.

JJ

Al,

I think more Mini people should get involved as Tom has so much to offer and for the price its well worth it to go and learn. Then once you know the patterns you can always set it up on your own place for practice. I would love to go again and Katy isn't that far from us.

When you find out the dates, please do let me know and I will post it for all our members so that they know about it.
default_saludando.gif

You both looked great out there by the way!!
default_yes.gif

I urge anyone that has not gone to one of Tom's ADT to go and learn. You'll be glad that you did!!
default_yes.gif

It was great for our club and we had a wonderful turn out.

You can see pictures of ours on our site.

ADT with Tom

Joyce

Turn outs are really nice and sounds like you both had a lot of fun!! Congrats Susan on your win!

We had plans here close to home or would at least have come to watch. Al, I have a boarder here - they were with me last year when we came out to watch - who plans to start doing cde next year. He's a little bored with the show ring LOL. Now just need to talk his wife into driving too.

Jan

Latest posts

Back