Grullo with white face ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letsdunit

Reaction score
I have been looking around at several grullo colts and fillies. But still havent found what I am looking for. As shipping will be costing a lot of money I can only do this once and want to look at all options.

What I was wandering is that I have not yet seen any grullo with bald face ? Are they so rare ?

i think in general a true grulla colored horse is rare. So add in wanting a bald face and you have even a harder time finding one. But be patient and youll find what you want!

I have a mare registered as grulla in both AMHA and AMHR. I'm not entirely convinced that she actually is, but can't figure out any other color she might be. This is Redrock Corkers Sandy Lassie. 32.25". Bald/blaze face(white goes out over one eye), dark eyes, sabino overo. She may be an olive grulla.

Sandy5-14-05.jpg

She's for sale!

I had a Full size Paint Horse that was Grullo/Overo with a almost bald face, she was gorgeous, but I have never seen that in a miniature, not yet anyhow!!!!
wink.gif

Doesn't Liz / Nootka have a grulla filly for sale w/ white? I can't remember if she's got white on her face and feet, or just feet, or what but I am thinking her grulla girl has some white... Also, I think Liz is in WA.

Sorry. I just pulled up her site and it looks like her filly is solid color. Now, I'm not sure what filly (or colt?) I am remembering. Liz' one is very pretty, though, but doesn't look like she's got white on her face.

I think on dreamhorse.com and equine.com you may be able to include color preferences when you look at sale horses.

Where are you located? I have a friend that has a cute mare that is grullo with a big blaze face... I know she is for sale...

This is SIX GEMS HOT GOSSIP, a grulla filly from a splash mare and our grulla tovero, SIX GEMS YING YANG. She is also listed on our foals page along with her parents. Yes, she is for sale!!

matilda_filly.jpg

Latest posts

Back