GRRR!!! So frustrated!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkoffaith

Reaction score
I wake up this morning to find that my stallion "Spot" has somehow gotten out of his pasture and in with the rest of the herd. 7 females, 2 of which are his yearling daughters and another is just 2 years old. I saw him breed one of my girls but she is an older female that, I think, cannot conceive as she was with a stallion a few years ago, for quite a while and no babies. So I run out to the pasture grab Spot and put him in my front yard until I can figure out how he got out. Front yard has horse fence tacked up against wooden rail fencing so hopefully he is staying put.

I go out about an hour later to find his forelock is cut off to above his eyes. My 50 year old brother who lives with me says he did it... because Spot had a long (beautiful) forelock and he thought Spot couldn't see properly! My brother says I am cruel to leave his forelock long. I can't believe he did that.

I know it's funny and nothing truly harmful but it makes feel so frustrated and angry. Spot looks ridiculous, lol. Well just venting. Thanks for listening.

Terri

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping he didn't breed any of your young girls

I'm so sorry about Spots forelock

I good thing about minis they can put out hair

almost as quick as they process their food

sigh. Sadly they were just being males. I think I'd be more annoyed with the brother, not so much with the horse. Everybody's stallion has to get out with the mares when he's not supposed to at least once....brothers, however, should NOT be cutting forelocks off of horses without asking first!!

The good thing is--it will grow back, and fairly quickly too.

sigh. Sadly they were just being males. I think I'd be more annoyed with the brother, not so much with the horse. Everybody's stallion has to get out with the mares when he's not supposed to at least once....brothers, however, should NOT be cutting forelocks off of horses without asking first!!
The good thing is--it will grow back, and fairly quickly too.

LOL no I am not mad at Spot at all. However I am praying that none of my girls are "in a family way".

In fact I have to admit I love having him in the front. My brother however is where the GRR!
default_1857272.gif
comes into play. Thank you everyone for putting up with my rant, lol

I'm usually a pretty laid back, peace loving person.....but I'm afraid I'd go off on someone who cut my horses forelock.

default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Oy, I agree, love on the horse but smack the brother!
default_rolleyes.gif
The good news is my gelding came with his forelock chopped off that way and it took less than six months for it to be back down by his nose. Tell your brother he just removed Spot's fly protection, see if that doesn't make him feel appropriately guilty.
default_wink.png

Leia

I have been watching Blancos forelock slowely grow out from the little girls in the village playing hairdresser... I will freak if I go out there the day before his show to find it cut off again. I agree with Hobby horse hug the horse kick the brother , give the husband a good kick too just because he is a man..no just kidding , but you could come over here and give my husband a good kick , he is a royal pill.

I believe I would be tellling my 50 year old brother who lives with me that if he took it upon himself to do something like that again to one of my horses that he could go live at the homeless shelter instead! If you are nice enough to let him live with you, he DEFINITELY needs to respect you, your property (which includes your horses), and your wishes.

Back