GreenCastle Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzE

Reaction score
I would like to go but can't head there till Sat. morning...I would want to have pedigrees looked up and see if papers are up to date before I get there. If anyone has a contact or has a list I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
They only give catalogs at the sale you pick them up when you arrive...I have went to a few of the sales there and it is one of the better mini sales I have attended..you may still want to come and check it out

It really does make it difficult when they dont have the catalog days ahead. I know they usually have the catalog Friday. If you live far it makes it impossible. If we go we will go Friday and bring out lap top for look ups
default_yes.gif

Hi Zoey,

Are you going to the Greencastle Sale? If you are you will have to let me know what the black pinto show gelding brings. I'm interested in knowing. I can't make the sale this time.

I hope to make it. If I do I will def let you know.

Ok, thanks. The horse sounded like it was going to be kind of a high light for being a show gelding and not breeding stock. I'm just curious to see what he brings.

I'm going to the auction house tomorrow at 4:00 to pick up a catalog. Will try to post some of the best sounding ones on the list tomorrow evening.

Mary

Oh Mary that would be WONDERFUL! I am looking for something specific and I know if I head all the way down there and don't find it I will get caught up in that whole auction excitement and come home with something.

Pinto's, Pinto's, Pinto's and some Appy's

Summary of Listing:

4 Driving

16 Donkeys

132 Miniatures a couple are Shetlands

Of the Miniatures there are:

53 Pinto's

10 Appy's Leopards, fleabitten, varnish, blanket

12 Buckskin or Dun

7 Perlino/Palamino/Cremello

45 are Stallions and Colts

86 are Mares and Fillys, several mares with foals one Appy with a darling tiny foal.

6 are Geldings

44 are Double registered some also WCMHR

36 are only AMHA

25 are only AMHR

A couple Gold Seal and WCMHR

Let me know if you are looking for a specific pedigree and I will check the list for you

Some names 9 RFM/Reece, Dell Tera, Lucky Four, NFC, Westwind, Wee Equine, Rodgers, Little King, Timber Ridge, Boones, Gum Branch,

Here are some high lights. Not going to go into all the details. Most of the RFM horses were substitutes and several were No Sale of the subs. The horses weren't selling for much money, stallions again were going for a few hundred. The appy's brought the best money.

Lot 3D Hooten Hollows Indiana the Hall of Fame driving gelding, black pinto went for 1200.00

Lot 4D-driving horse Ferrands Triple K Suzy Q with foal went for 1225.00

Several mares with foals didn't even go for a 1000.00

Some really nice mares and filly's went for well under a 1000.00

All the good stallions that didn't even make it to 400.00 were no sale of course.

Lot 18 Sunraes Precious Moment with filly 950.00

Lot 20 Irish Kings Destiny- 26" LeopardAppy bn 1/08 went for 1700.00

Lot 21 RFM Thunders April Love 36.5" with colt by Royal Reception 800.00

Lot 23 Clarks Painted Pebbles with filly 1125.00

Lot 30 Walbons Peaches Cream bn 4/04 33." with colt triple reg. Mare went for 850.00!!!!!!!

Lot 35 Sub didn't get the name with colt 850.00 from Heaven Sent Ranch

Lot 39 Timber Ridges Sassy Showgirl 900.00

Lot 45 Reeces Fancy Thunder with A Million Bucks foal 1200.00

Lot 47 Rader's Desert Storm Tex, Little America Breeding 2700.00

Lot 50 Cedarlanes Crystal Treasure with colt by Undisputed Creation, mare 95 model went for 625.00 realllly cute sorrel colt!!!!!

Lot 65 East Acres Stardust Blk Tovero with palamino colt 975.00

Lot 85 MCMs Rebels Day Lilly a pretty 26" really nice palamino filly was at 1200.00 and still going when I left

There were still some good ones to go but nothing I was interested in.

I bought my cart and at least I don't have to feed it!!

Really tough for sellers!!! It was a buyers auction. If it was this tough for the spring auction what is the fall going to bring???

Bump

Note

I don't see how the quality breeders can keep going to this auction with the prices staying so low.

My mom bid up lot number 47 to like 2500 and then dropped out. He was a really pretty leopard colt. So we bought the older leopard with Danton breeding.

There was some REALLY nice horses go at the end that was not in the sale book from Hear About Farms. My friend got a really pretty appaloosa mare for $400. If she didnt take her we would have brought her home too.

Barb

can anyone tell me what other appys brought! Thanks in advance! Lorie

Lot 8 LB & Ginger leopard mare with filly 1150.00

Lot 20 Irish Kings Destiny 08 Leopard Appy filly 1700.00

Lot 47 went for 2700.00 I put in earlier post from yesturday

Lot 57 Gander Hill Lagacys X Quizet, colt Grey Pintaloosa bn 3/07 400.00

Lot 58 Rocs Apache Trail By Fire No Sale

Lot 66 4Gs Prince Charleys Kid mare appy Bn 94, 750.00

Lot 72 Deertracks Tashina No Sale

That's all I got before I left at 2:30

How high did Lot 72 Deertracks Tashina go before it was no saled. She is listed for 2000.00 on his web site.

She was a very pretty mare. They had her up to $1250 and no saled her. She was listed at 34 1/2 in the sale catalog and was measured at 34 at the sale.

Barb

She was really cute and friendly. That is not a bad price at a sale since others were going to so low.

Latest posts

Back