Greencastle Pa. Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't there but I talked to someone who was.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I guess there were a lot of sellers & buyers. Some really nice horses & lots of meadoker ones. What were the prices? My friend didn't keep track of the prices.

Someone brought in 12 weanlings that were super. They looked like they could go into the showring.
default_yes.gif
: Lucky

buyers of those ones. Thanks, cjmm

Timber Ridge is the ones that brought in the nice weanlings! They always have nice stock there. The prices were O.K. One of Timber Ridges Filly a black and white paint brought 3400. Some brought good money and others did not. It still amazes me that people will spend more for color than a correct solid color horse. As long as it has color they dont care what the confermation is like! Dont get me wrong I like color too, but it has to have confermation to go with it! Lorie

We were there but ~ didn`t have time to get prices. No seats again so I mostly mingled in the barn, checking out the horses. There were a few nice ones there. Met lots of nice people and many breeders I haven`t seen in a while. That`s what I enjoy the most. I didn`t see who was selling but there was a filly in the ring & I believe I heard her last bid was around $2800. A stallion brought $1950. or so. It was SO crowded. Way too many horses consigned. Horses were brought in from as far away as Canada, South Carolina and Illinois. I heard there were others were there from De, MD, NY, WV, SC, NC, Pa, Oh, Va and many other States.

Nancy, Yes it was crowded,standing room only! I think they should not be able to reserve seats! half the time there was some empty that people could have been useing. I bought a Appaloosa filly from Ill. I would post picture if I knew how. The fun thing is seeing everyone again!

OVER crowded is the word!. I was wondering as I tried to push my way through the crowd, what would happen if there was a fire or the seating stands collapse? I think if a fire marshall saw this big crowd, (they were even jam packed on the steps), that might be a problem? I wonder how many people were there? There`s no way you could begin to count. Joe would likely have some idea. We were there quite early, only a few people in the seats but all the others had rope and such wrapped around them, signs saying reserved and so on. Many of those seats were empty for quite some time! Not a good thing! We were going to bid on a bay pinto mare (#11) but couldn`t get near enough to even bid. A few that I did bid on, (two for other people) I went to where the horses enter the sales ring, shoved my way in & bid from there. After the first 100+ sold, there was better standing room but I needed to sit. Since I couldn`t, we left.

Honeysuckle Knoll had some beautiful horses there as usual, but sadly, they won`t be back. I liked a few black pintos but they were either too tall or two small
default_smile.png

We left after about 80 minis had gone through the sale. We bought two little sorrel fillys, #56 and #69. I really would have liked to brought home #35 and I think it was #37 (a gorgeous appy filly with awesome conformation). I believe 35 was one of the 12 weanling brought in, those weanlings had it all, very nice little horses with pedigrees to boot.

Thellwellmini---I'm curious, which appy filly did you get, I saw at least two nice ones, there were just so many horses that it was impossible to see them all.

Courtney

I was at the sale from the beginning to the very end. Lots and lots of horses went through that ring!! It was truly amazing to me that people will pay good money just for color. Lots of those pinto's were cow hocked, but still sold for decent money. Alot of them had pretty heads and necks, but their back ends were awful. Someone even bought a pinto filly who had a bite that was bad enough that you could see if from up in the seats. And she was bred for 07!! I was looking for pinto's, but am not going to buy one that doesn't have decent conformation.

Nancy....I liked #11 too, the bay pinto mare.

I ended up buying 2 horses. A chestnut yearling daughter of Flying W Farms Dream Merchant who has a beautiful head and neck, Magic Mountain Golden Dream of RHA. I also bought a 3 year old AMHR only black pinto mare who is in foal to a black pinto for next year.

There was a dwarf filly in the sale. It was so sad. The poor little thing had a really bad front leg.

2 nice Buckeroo stallions were in the sale - IMA Buckeroo Too out of Little Kings Buckeroo Times Two was no saled after only getting bid up to $575. Owens GCF Medalion out of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too was no saled after only reaching $750. Both stallions were beautiful and well deserved much higher bids!!

Kim, I agree, that poor little dwarf was sad to see. It could barely stand up. Why would a farm want to bring her there? She will need some serious attention. What a shame. She should have been given away to someone that knows all about dwarf issues and problems & they could then put the $$ towards getting her help or possibly putting her down if she is in pain etc??
default_sad.png

Some dwarfs do Ok & live for years but one like this is sad to see. I hope it does OK with the new owners.

We made it home this evening. Had a nice time there. Met many nice people. There was a good crowd but with that many horses and donkeys it takes at least that many. About the same #consignments and spectators as 2 years ago. It was crowded at the begining and did get better later. We left trailer home to prevent buying more horses. Did get loaded with tack. Nick does sell alot of tack in the sale and after.

Kim.

That RHA filly you bought is really nice!!! We were going to bid even with out a trailer but guessed they would never let her sell anywhere that price. We were stunned when they let her go! Congrats and enjoy her!!

Visited with Walsh's at thier place after the sale. Lots nice horses there and very nice family. Had to keep thinking the barn is FULL as James kept showing us more horses!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Courtney, I bought #84. out of a granddaughter of BTUand by a Komokos bred stallion. She came from Ill. I really had my heart set on her. And I was determand she wascoming home to Dover Pa.I have benn looking for awhile but everything is so far away or to old for me. I have time to wait for her to breed because my stallion is a weanling also. And my other mares are going to get a break, except one that is older I want to keep in foal. Lorie

I was at the sale too and saw alot of nice horses and alot of horses that shouldn't have been there. I talked to the guy that owned Owens GCF Medalion after he came out of the ring, back at the stall. He was from the state of Indiana. I really like that horse. He just had a presents about him that attracted me to him. He said he'll take him home and try and sell him or maybe geld him and bring him back next spring as a broke to drive gelding. I just wasn't impressed with the prices at all. Horse that were really nice looking didn't bring a whole lot and definately deserved alot more that what they did bring. I couldn't believe it either that IMA Buckeroo Two brought what he did! He definately deserved a whole lot more that than what he did bring. I really liked the horses that Irish King farm brought along with the horses that Timber Ridge brought.

What did #'s 61, 80, 86, 160 bring? These were some of my favorites especially # 160.

Thanks

Becky

I must have been away from my seat as I only got a couple of the prices for the horses you asked about:

61 1950

80 didn't get

86 925

160 didn't get

Back