Great, Simple Guacamole Recipe!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I had a really simple, beautiful guacamole in Mexico this year. Usually, here, people put garlic in it; I'm a huge garlic lover, but it's actually better without garlic and, traditionally, not made with it...who knew? (not me
default_laugh.png
). It's actually more flavourful without it, letting the cilantro etc. shine through. For those interested, here's the recipe for "Perfect Guacamole"!

"Perfect Guacamole"

2 ripe avocados

1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)

1-2 jalapeno peppers (I actually used 1/2 of one because Kev doesn't have a big tolerance for "hot", and it was still spicy enough)

2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped

1 tbsp. of fresh lime juice

1/2 tsp. of coarse salt (I used fine sea salt)

A dash of freshly grated pepper

1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed (no mush!), chopped

1. Cut avocados in half. Remove pit. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.

2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper and mash some more. Add jalapeno.

keep tomatoes separate until ready to serve (I'm not sure why, as I added mine and waited 1/2 hour and it was fine).

3. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation (it will start to turn black otherwise). Refrigerate until ready.

4. Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix (if you haven't already).

Hope you like!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh awesome, thank you for sharing that! I can't wait to try it, yum!

Oh yummy!!! I love avacados and this sounds refreshing for a springtime get-together.

I love avocados and will be sure and try this recipe, I have also always used garlic in mine and lemon, I bet the lime is great!

Matt, I make mine similar but I never thought of using the red onion or taking the pulp and seeds out of the tomato. Good idea's. I have left the garlic out though and my husband puts tabasco in his after he separates his from mine cause I don't like mine hot. Really a great recipe, thanks for sharing I think when I make it next time I'll try it your way and see how it comes out. - the peppers for me that is...
default_smile.png
TJ

That really does sound good. Reading about avocados reminded me....years ago I discovered that chunks of avocado and pineapple with blue cheese dressing is really good . Before avocados got so darned expensive I'd fix that quite often.

Matt, I make mine similar but I never thought of using the red onion or taking the pulp and seeds out of the tomato. Good idea's. I have left the garlic out though and my husband puts tabasco in his after he separates his from mine cause I don't like mine hot. Really a great recipe, thanks for sharing I think when I make it next time I'll try it your way and see how it comes out. - the peppers for me that is...
default_smile.png
TJ

Cool! I'd love to know what you think
default_wink.png

If you have trouble with your dip turning dark as avocados do when stored cut up. Just save the avocado seed and your make your dip up ahead of time put the seed backin the bowl with the dip, and it will not get dark from the air.

If you have trouble with your dip turning dark as avocados do when stored cut up. Just save the avocado seed and your make your dip up ahead of time put the seed backin the bowl with the dip, and it will not get dark from the air.

Great tip! Also, when storing in fridge, make sure you lay the plastic wrap directly on the guacamole (keeping air away from it).

Latest posts

Back