Great moments in L'il Beginnings history

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I forgot a really big one. Really, really BIG!

Watching Moxie's pregnancy progress, her emergency c-section, and the puppies growing.

That ended with my memorable trip to Canada to pick up one of those puppies who is the best dog ever.

Now, I get to watch Lily's littermates have their pups and also watch them competing in dog shows and herding events.

I'll have to post pictures from the day I introduced Lily to our steers.

Here it is!

LilyHerding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
:wub awww, thanks sfmini!!! I remember that all too well.....3 years ago now and it seems like yesterday!!! I am soooo proud of that litter! 2 of the boys are coming back in a couple of weeks for 'vacation' while their owners are going on holidays!!! I'm looking forward to having them back for a bit....

And getting anxious for the next litter.....more news on that tomorrow!!!!
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce

~kathryn

Wow, I forgot a really big one. Really, really BIG!

Watching Moxie's pregnancy progress, her emergency c-section, and the puppies growing.

That ended with my memorable trip to Canada to pick up one of those puppies who is the best dog ever.

Now, I get to watch Lily's littermates have their pups and also watch them competing in dog shows and herding events.

I'll have to post pictures from the day I introduced Lily to our steers.

I remember everything listed here. Good and bad, all is forever ingrained in my heart and in my mind. But the things I chose to dwell on are the GOOD things!

The way people come together to offer advise, info, help, funds, support for this forum family is beyond anything to be found anywhere else!
default_wub.png

Li'l Beginnings = HEART!
default_wub.png

It's hard to remember every single important thing that's happened here, there were SO many. Haha, there was a time when on slow days, I'd sit and refresh the page, I knew every little thing that happened.

I remember Helen, the little blind filly.

The first time Karla bred Jazz to her mares.

Heather's mare Cocoa, and that incredibly long and ultimately sad marestare.

The Brat Pack.

Parmela's Corona.

Sharing my Casper story.

OH the thread about the origination of the miniature horse, which evolved into the greatest user-generated mini stories. My personal faovrite was the one about the Leprechauns.

Leia's posts all through 2008 when she competed with Kody. I think their story was what sparked my interest in driving.

Brandi and Melody, and all of her stable mates. And when she got sick, and I logged on all the time to read something new.

Maplegum and Bailey learning to drive together. Leonie, I know there were times when we were the only one who replied to each other's posts, but I still love our little palomino twins, and light up when I see new Bailey pics.
default_yes.gif

Okay this may sound dorky, but I'm a (probably far too) sentimental person - the first time Jane agreed with something I said, I screenshotted it and saved it. I still have it.
default_blush.png

Donna aka QtrRae's little foal we all nicknamed The Frosty Filly because she was born in a blizzard.

Marbles! From birth, to genetic testing, to big shows.

FLAT LOTTO!

The Treasure Hunt, and how a few other members and I accidentally found the treasure on the first clue because we misread something.

The marestare of Kay's Flirt, which resulted in Tease... after like a 1985783257 day gestation.

That donkey who had the terrible baby delivery which needed to be removed in a rather graphic way, and how the donkey had to stay in a sling. I can't remember the name.

I will never forget what I believe we've all come to refer to as The Old Hag threads.

Not only have "events" happened here on the pages of the tangible website... but this place has raised me more than most of you probably know. It was from here the first time I met someone in person who I had met online... and didn't die.
default_wink.png
Actually met many of the people I'm closest with these days here. This was the very first online community I ever participated in and felt a part of. It was probably the only thing that gave me confidence to approach new people. It taught me how to deal with critisizm, and also support my own opinions. Nowadays I just feel like I'm part of this super cool VIP club of long time LBers. It's driving across the country and knowing which farms are where. It's knowing the barn names of the horses in the magazines. And it's how when I hear the Cheers theme song, I think of Lil B.

Perhaps best of all, more memorable than any one specific moment, is that unspoken smile every one of us shares when a new member joins with *just* one mini.

This will never be just a forum to me.
default_wub.png

That was beautiful Alex!
default_wub.png

Flat Lotto is waving his hoof at you!
default_saludando.gif

The marestare of Kay's Flirt, which resulted in Tease... after like a 1985783257 day gestation.
Oh my gosh I so remember that and how exhausted I was. Way too funny! She is now expecting her first foal in March. Isnt it crazy? I can hardly wait to do her marestare LOL

Without a doubt, the passing of Marty's son was the most dramatic moment in LB history for me. I sat there reading it with tears in my eyes, unable to believe what I was "hearing." It was like a punch in the gut.

I felt similarly lost upon reading that Liz's colt Kyan had passed without warning. It was so senseless!

For the cheerful threads, I loved reading about Prints and I think the funniest thread of all time had to be the one about how many different ways you could change a lightbulb. Classic!!

kaykay said:
The secret forum meant to bash people here and the fake threads.
As far as I know there was only one fake thread and the private forum was not created to bash LB'ers.
default_unsure.png

love_casper said:
It's hard to remember every single important thing that's happened here, there were SO many. Haha, there was a time when on slow days, I'd sit and refresh the page, I knew every little thing that happened.
I remember Helen, the little blind filly.
Me too! Her, and Gabriel, and the other special-needs foals the forum has raised.
default_wub.png
They are all so special!

love_casper said:
Leia's posts all through 2008 when she competed with Kody. I think their story was what sparked my interest in driving.
Awwww!
default_blush.png
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif
Thank you! I wish I'd posted more that season as it turned out to be our last and he tried SO HARD that entire year.
default_wub.png
It was truly a fairy-tale year.

love_casper said:
Okay this may sound dorky, but I'm a (probably far too) sentimental person - the first time Jane agreed with something I said, I screenshotted it and saved it. I still have it.
default_blush.png
*LOL!* Sounds like something I'd do. Jane has that effect on people!

Leia

I guess for me it was Linda Best. Getting to watch her drive at Nationals one last time... It brought tears to my eyes and sent shivers down my back...still does. Of course reading all the trials poor Marty went through and being so mad after reading some of it you just scream at the computer because of the shear stuidity of some people and laws.

I loved watching Click Minis Flirt being trained by Patty Cloke. Also loved Leia's experiances with Kody. I especially remember a photo of Leia laying down with a tired Kody at a show. I remember thinking Dang! what a team!and of course her crash on the freeway! There have been many things I guess that I have truly enjoyed and cried over. I haven't been on much lately but hopefully that will change :0)

Joy

There have been so many memorable forum happenings over the years! Great thread, Susanne!!!

Marty's son's passing was the most powerful thing I remember happening to us. I am sure like all of us, I just couldn't believe what I was reading and couldn't stop crying. Just not enough words for how awful.

I also remember the fake accident that happened when a car ran into a pasture killing a bunch of minis. I cried reading it and re-read it and cried more, etc. It wasn't until it came out that it was all a lie that I realized how little sense it made that it could even happen as stated.

Go figure, I remember some of the political discussions a couple of years ago...

I remember Charlene's updates about Gary and how emotionally touching and heart wrenching things were. Poor Linda, too.

The Secret Forum... I remember, but for me, I didn't understand why so many people were hurt and angry. Saying that back then labled me as a member, but I wasn't. I didn't kow about that forum until it was the hot topic here. I know there has to be a lot more to what happened for it to have been so upsetting because the "transcripts" I saw after the fact were not hurtful. So, I apparently missed the main point but I think that's a good thing. I don't want to know.

There are a few personal things that happened to me over the years that have cemented LB as a part of my soul.

In 2003, I had a filly who needed colic surgery and at that time in my life, it felt like the worst thing that ever happened "to me". Now years later, I realize that is silly, but that is how it felt to me at the time.. The forum's support during that time was like a life line to me. It meant so much as it would in the future, too.

When I suffered multiple miscarriages, again the forum's support and friendship was very uplifting and helped me so much.

Then when I was so sick last year and really thought I was going to die for a short period of time, the outreach from the people here was a huge source of light and just meant more than I can say with words.

It's a very, very good group of people that has been brought together by these little horses and this wonderful website.

Everyone is way to kind to me....Dreamer's dis-located hip was indeed a very frightening/exhausting experiance for her/us and everyone here who pulled together and prayed for her, and donated their very hard earned money for her to get her life saving surgery. Then during all her trama she lost her foal @ 285 days. 18 days in the hospital, "we" almost lost her 2x in intensive care. The phone calls and the out pouring of ideas and offered help was over whelming. People we did not even know were giving up their time and sleep to help watch her on the web cam, so I could ger some much needed sleep. Then it was time for Miranda to have Ziggi, and I was a work watching her on the web cam. I took off to come home as she was progressing really fast, and everyone was calling me to let me know how she was doing. My mom, who had never foaled out a mare before, was in Mirandas stall with her not knowing what to do, but knew I COULD NOT lose this foal. Someone from this forum called her and talked her thru it, I think it was Maxis minis..?? Please forgive me if I am wrong. I got there just minutes after she foaled a beautiful tiny dun filly... Now known as Ziggi.. Yes, the last few years have not been very kind to my body, But I am still here, and beleive me, I am kicking! I do beleive in the power of prayer. And although Im not here as much as I used to be, I beleive in every single one of LB's members! You have seen me thru the good and the bad..This forum pulls together like no other I have ever seen when anyone is in need or needs advise...So, YOU are my most memorable moments..By the way, I have not to this day got back in the truck that had the snake in it! EWWWWWW!

There are way to many to remember in the years I have been a member...

Marty, she is an amazing woman. There is a very special place in heaven for her..God Bless her and her family..

Jill, for being scared to death about the mass in her lung, and hitting it head on...

Linda Best, the most courageous woman, I never had the pleasure to meet.

REO, for always being here for me..and everyone here

Mary Bennet, You are a HOOT!

Davie, and her cancer scare...she has proved you can survive from it

CMHR, for all they do for these precious creatures.

For the friendships that are made here that last a life time....

May God Bless us one and all...Merry Christmas my friends....

So I've decided to post. Didn't intend to at first. I've been a member from its very early years.

LB has been a remarkable tool for many of us who were getting started with breeding/showing miniatures in the "early days" and it STILL is.

It helped me with basic feeding for show, some medical advice.....but most especially I learned how to deal with a Pacenta Previa (Red Bag) Birth just DAYS before we experienced our very first one. Reading that saved our foal's life!

There have been many many personal experiences between members......and Marty's horrific loss of her son touched everyone.

Some special little horses with birth and/or health issues touched our hearts. (Even "Flat Lotto!) Thank you for remembering our Three-Legged Gabriel.

And the "secret forum" designed to bash LB? ....There never was one. What began as a silly post backfired and turned viral. The so called "secret" forum was originally created as an offshoot with a few LB members for those who wanted to discuss alternative healing/thinking (ie: Reiki), animal communication....etc... without being flamed. It became "secret" because two or three people began a witch hunt. In the end it all settled down. Typical "on-line family cr*p", in a way.

Oh yes, Linda Best--I forgot about her courageous fight; she definitely deserves mention on this thread

I never could see how a forum that was intended to discuss alternative healing could just "accidentally" start bashing LB members the way that it did. The one is so far removed from the other. It's hard to forget those involved even now after all this time & I still don't view them in the same light I once did.

I have met and become close friends with a lot of people on this forum and it would have never been possible for me to meet many of them without LB.

The most memorable for me were so many that I can't begin to list them all.

I love the way the people on this forum are like family and there for each other when we need help or prayers.

I remember when one of the forum members lost her husband and some of us got together and had a work day at her place to help her out. We had a blast and got a lot of her horses feet trimmed and just general work done around her farm.

I am not on here much anymore but that doesn't mean I don't love you guys, it is just with the horrible year we have had and with Mom being so sick,I just don't have time to get everything done.

Mary

I never could see how a forum that was intended to discuss alternative healing could just "accidentally" start bashing LB members the way that it did. The one is so far removed from the other. It's hard to forget those involved even now after all this time & I still don't view them in the same light I once did.
Could not agree more Holly. I think the thing that to this day bothers me the most is that instead of just saying it was a bad idea and not nice-bad judgement on our part Sorry .. Instead those with "healing powers" and holding themselves on a "higher spiritual level" continued to blame anyone but themselves for the games they chose to play and the feelings they hurt.

But that is in the past and while the opinions of those have surely changed for me and many others I do not by many means dwell on any of it.That was there choice to deal with not mine.

I also wanted to say I was very touched by all the love and support Raven and I recieved when she lost her little gelding Foxy back a few years ago and a few days before Christmas And thankful to Bonnie for calling to try and help her get thru it. To this day it still devestates her and everyones help and support really did make a difference.

Flat Lotto was so much fun. I loved reading about his adventures and seeing pictures from his travels

So many memories over the years the good totally outweighs the bad and though many have tried...no place on the internet even comes close to this fourm.
default_wub.png

I had forgotten about the virtual magic bus trip - that was so much fun!!!

Liz R.

I remember Goose(where is he anyway?) and all of us sending cards to him and right after that Marty losing Michael and sending cards to her.

The support and transport of food and supplies during Katrina.

I think(when I really think about it)is the emotional support we give each other in times of crisis, rather than specific incidents.

Latest posts

Back