Great moments in L'il Beginnings history

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Over the years on LB, we've witnessed joy and tragedy, drama and silliness, life-changing events and more.

What to you has been the most memorable moment in LB history?

Mine would be the colt with the broken back who was behind the founding of Chance's Miniature Horse Rescue. I've seldom see so many people gather so quickly for a cause in real life, let alone on the internet.

The chat line was red hot that night. Everyone burned with anger that someone would so callously allow a living being to suffer as he did. Chance could not be saved, but his life was not in vain, as many minis and small ponies have been rescued thanks to CMHR.

On the light side, does anyone remember the thread on Prince Alberts, the various meanings -- definitely on the racy side, but very fun!

So --- what has been your unforgettable LB moment?

When I first started going on 5 years this coming January, I had lost my gorgeous gelding, because of Quest, and you guys where so kind, and supportive..

That is when I was hooked and I am on here at least once a day if not more..

I so much enjoy foaling season, and love reading all the amazing stories.

Learn something new everyday. Do not know what I would do with LB
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The most memorable, and horrible, moment for me is when that first posting came that said Marty's son had been in a terrible accident. Then he was gone and I think many of us sat at home absolutely heartbroken and crying for Marty and her family. Then we followed how she worked so hard to get some justice for this horrible crime. It's making me all choked up just thinking about it again.

On a lighter note, I really do enjoy all the threads on cooking and chickens and dogs. Oh yeah, and miniature horses once in a while, too!

Jayne

Mart's son...I still remember where I was when I found out. I was at the area II national show when Fran came up and told me, I could not believe it until I got hom that Monday and read online....

Without a doubt the saddest moment was learing of Michael's passing. I was pretty new here at the time but was just stunned by the sadness and senselessness of it.

A "weird" moment was when some people got together via another forum and decided it was be "fun" to start a controversial thread based on a fictitious situation and sit back and see what kind of you-know-what it stirred up. Talk about having too much time on your hands!
default_no.gif

Another thread that happened technically before me I think but was referenced a few times was the loser lady who made up a story about a car accident or something that killed several of her horses in a really horrible and tragic way and even said her daughter witnessed it. It was a HUGE drawn out story with gory details and people feeling sorry for her and her children...all to find out it was 100% fake! Weird!
default_new_shocked.gif

But mostly I just know that most of my horse knowledge has come from reading this forum.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

All the things Parmela mentioned are things that come to mind for me.

There is also Theresa's story--her fight with her alien--and I will say that she has to be the most inspiring person I've ever known.

And the absolute best post I've read on here? That has to be Theresa's story about the day there was a snake in the dash of her car, and how she saw it's head come out the air vent as she was driving.

For me it was the whole Dreamer strory. I would check the forum every hour or so to see how things were going.

That's what inspired me to join the LB forum after many years of being a lurker. I wanted to be a part of this wonderful and caring family
default_wub.png

Michael's death comes to mind immediately. Libby and I were at the AMHA board meeting in Texas and she saw it online and told me. I just couldn't believe it, after all the blood sweat and tears to get him eligible to graduate from High School, things were going so well and boom. A careless idiot damages several lives forever.

Theresa's battle is another. Amazing, inspiring woman.

Then the fiasco over that lawsuit against folks who were exercising their right to freedom of speech and were expressing opinions on "that topic that shall not be spoken of" ever again on this forum.

You know, what might be an interesting thread for the end of December would be a remembrance thread for all of those we have lost this past year, be they friend, family, or animal.

I've got 4 that come to mind instantly!

Michael's death tops the list for sure. It was sooo heart wrenching for everyone here.

Second to that though was Marty's post about the 'white things'. Maybe not a 'greatest' moment...but I still to this day have NOT forgotten that post!
default_laugh.png
Completely freaked me out!!
default_rolleyes.gif

I have to agree with the others about Theresa's battle as well.

And lastly, Charlene's posts dealing with Gary's illness and death....and her 'sightings' since then, the purple flowers, etc.

There are a lot of very inspiring people on here!!
default_wub.png

~kathryn

There have been a few, including the loss of Marty's son. There was also a situation years ago where a member needed help with her horse, and those of us that were in the area were able to step in and help.

Good people, good friends, GREAT forum
default_smile.png

Liz R.

It was Marty's posting on the loss of her son. I remember where I was and what I was doing.

Also the post about poor little Chance and how so many people came together so quickly and how much has been done in little Chance's memory.Both memories bring tears to my eyes.Marty has so much strength I admire her so much.

Hugs

Bonnie

A "weird" moment was when some people got together via another forum and decided it was be "fun" to start a controversial thread based on a fictitious situation and sit back and see what kind of you-know-what it stirred up. Talk about having too much time on your hands!
default_no.gif

Another thread that happened technically before me I think but was referenced a few times was the loser lady who made up a story about a car accident or something that killed several of her horses in a really horrible and tragic way and even said her daughter witnessed it. It was a HUGE drawn out story with gory details and people feeling sorry for her and her children...all to find out it was 100% fake! Weird!
default_new_shocked.gif
Ahhh yes I chose to take a break from the forum after that fake thread and the subsequent statements on other forums by those who many respected disappointing to say the least

Marty is an inspiration to me daily- she always has a kind word or funny story to make others feel better- totally honored to know her and call her a friend !!

ANd yes the lawsuit.. sigh really not alot to say about that one..

And yes I remember the story about the car accident in fact that woman lived a few hours from here. While what she wrote and did was horrible I remember also those that came forward willing to give horses and help to the poor little girl they believed lost her horses.

Never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much bickering goes on.. when one of the forum family truly needs something- how many drop everything to be there and help

A sad moment I will never forget, reading about Michael here on the forum. I could not fathom the pain Marty had to of been going thru while I read those words.

A happy time, I couldn't wait to get to the forum and see any new pictures of Lisa's little dwarf Sadie! I loved hearing stories about her and thought she was just the cutest!

There are plenty of other times I can't grab out of my memory right now.......ribbons for Linda.....I will have to think.

Most memorable for me was probably when a member just a few months ago argued and bickered and disrespected many on this forum and would ask for advice and then turn around and slap the responders in the face with a snarky comment about how rude we all were that really ruffled my feathers!(and I imagine quite a few others feathers on this board). Made me not want to say I was a teen for fear people would think I would do the same.

Most heartwarming or inspirational is deffinatley Teressa's story, I think about her sometimes and about how shes doing, it gives me strength knowing if she can conquer that, then we can conquer anything!

I was not around at the time of the things that we do not speak of (reminds of the move The Village lol)

At the end of the day we are all brought together by one thing the love for our miniature horses and each other!

Lets make it a great New Year (a bit early?) and an even greater one for the miniature industry as a whole!

Thank you so much forum family for all you have done for me (and everyone).

Dan.

I figured Michael would come up here. To this day I have no idea how I managed to even come here and post that. I don't remember doing that. I guess utter and complete shock would cover it. I still have no real recollection of the wreck, the funeral and a long time to follow. Bonnie and Lisa, I am nothing to admire so please don't hold me up like that. I have bad struggles daily and we have no where near the life we once knew.

I followed Teresa's story of courage and of course the saga of her little Dreamer as well. The love that she and Art share for each other and their family and fur kids is beyond perfect. They set such an example.

Ahhh yes I chose to take a break from the forum after that fake thread and the subsequent statements on other forums by those who many respected disappointing to say the least

OH yea me too. Prank gone bad but I hold no ill will at all towards the people but I was really angry for a while. I had visited it on occasion and went back only for a minute that day on complete co-incidence. Some "Person" tried their best to involve me in it when I was honestly oblivious and sent private messages all over the forum and it took Mary Lou to have to come out and tell everyone I played no part in it. Geesh.

I also will never forget Little Sadie. There is a picture of her on the front porch laying in her little blanket that it forever etched in my mind. Sadie gave Lisa such joy and was one in a million and it was a sad day for us all when she crossed over.

Anoki, you remember the story of the White Thing? Every single word of that was true. I know people thought I was putting you all on beings a creative writer and all but it was real. I will never find out what in fact it was really all about. Its considered a legend up here.

Great thread!

So many threads come to mind

The little mini Chance and putting together CMHR. Still amazes me when I think back. And then all those long nights with the first board trying to put cmhr together. I dont think we slept for months LOL.

Six Gems barnfire and doing the fundraiser on here to help her.

The whole fiasco of someone trying to take over someone elses farm that was a big poster here. That was crazy.

Martys son passing.

The lawsuit ughhhh. Unfortunately I was named in the lawsuit. Biggest waste of time and money I have ever seen. Thank god we had a good judge.

Lisas sadie's story.

The secret forum meant to bash people here and the fake threads. That one really shocked me and took me a long time to get over. I got over it but I never forget. I think that was the only time ML turned LB off for a day.

The passing of my Tiny. The support I got here was so wonderful and really helped me through a horrible time.

Of course the sad time of Marty. It was wonderful and inspiring to watch her slowly recover and come back to be her supportive and positive self on the Forum again.

I also remember Dove, the premature miniature. I've lost track of what happened to her. But I enjoyed following that.

Anoki, you remember the story of the White Thing? Every single word of that was true. I know people thought I was putting you all on beings a creative writer and all but it was real. I will never find out what in fact it was really all about. Its considered a legend up here.
YES, Marty, I remember that post!!! And I believe every word of it!

I remember sitting at the computer (late at night) and seeing it, thinking, oh, I really shouldn't open this thread...but I couldn't stop myself. Completely freaked me out!!!
default_laugh.png
I RAN upstairs to bed that night, turning lights off and on as I went from room to room....I think I even slept with the light in my bedroom on that night
default_rolleyes.gif

What can I say, I have an overactive imagination!
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back