Chances Mini Horse Rescue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie P

Reaction score
I wanted to take a few moments to thank Marylou tremendously and all of our friends and supporters here on the LB forums for ALL the love and support throughout 2010. You have no idea what it means to us and to the horses! We have been able to rescue and help MANY MANY horses and several of those horses have gone on to be adopted by very loving families and living a life with love which is something that many of them had never known.

Without all of you we would be unable to do this, so this Christmas I want you all to sit and give yourselves a big pat on the back and feel really good in your heart that because of "you" a horse has been saved and is happy and healthy again.

Of course there are cases that we are not able to save and we have to make those difficult decisions to humanely euthanize. That is part of rescue. Does it hurt? You bet it does, but we only euthanize when ABSOLUTELY necessary and we feel the horse will have no quality of life. That, in my opinion is doing the animal a favor. I know they thank us for that also.

We have worked SO hard over the past two years to get really organized and get a handbook written and run a very professional and positive rescue. It takes countless hours, but we do it for the love of the horse! It's a great feeling!

My goal for the next year is to continue to help as many horses as we can that need us and I plan to keep a chart of each animal and what condition they came in at and what it took to get them healthy and adopted. (not that I haven't done that, but it isn't as organized as I need it to be
default_unsure.png
) At the end of next year I will be able to post stories as I know that many of you wonder what happens to some of the horses that we help to rescue. This way each horse will have it's very own folder and I will be able to tell you all about any animal that you are interested in knowing about. I think this is so important! It gives that "visual". It shows you directly how your donations and support help. I promise to take the time to organize this and be able to show you all the animals that come to us in 2011 and where their story goes from rescue to adoption! Photos also!

The miniature horse community is so loving and caring and I have to say that I am most proud to be a part of CMHR. I have a wonderful board of directors and with all of us working together I pray that no horse will have to suffer.

Merry Christmas to all!

Connie Parr

Chances Mini Horse Rescue President

Last edited by a moderator:
Connie its a pleasure to work for CMHR with you as our President. You leave no stone unturned, and cross those "t's" and dot those "I's" and keep CMHR running like the well oiled machine it is. You always seem to know how to guide us when we get those "OMG" cases that frazzle us.

CMHR has come such a long way now and is one of those most reputable horse rescues out there and we plan to keep it that way. While other rescues fail, we fight even harder to stay afloat and save as many horses as we can. While other rescues put horses down left and right, we go the extra mile and fight for them to live and thrive pain free. It is very rare that we put a horse down and no horse goes down without us fighting for him first. If we have more people sign up for foster homes, that will allow us to save more and more horses. We don't ever want to turn a horse away for lack of a place for him to go to. We have one hanging out there right now in OHIO waiting to come into CMHR. OHIO people, got any space? I am hoping in 2011 we can double the amount of foster homes that we have now as places to put these little guys while they re-hab.

I have lots of ideas for this new year too. This New Year I also want to try to reach more people to adopt our horses. We advertise them all over the place but I plan to find a way to appeal to the big horse people that no longer want to ride and would like to scale down to a smaller equine. I also want us to get more of our horses in training for driving and get them participating in shows too and that's just the tip of the ice-burg. We have had lots of small ponies come in and many of them are now broke to ride too and that's a great plus when they are trained to do something. Oh yes, and we do have Ripley who was starved TWICE and is having a blast learning all kinds of tricks in his foster home. They more these guys can do, the easier it is to get them adopted.

If you are not a member of CMHR I highly recommend it. I love my work with CMHR. I get to multi-task! When things around here in my personal life get cruddy, at the end of the day I feel like I have done something good with CMHR and it helps me find peace inside.

Merry Christmas to all.

I will jump on the bandwagon here to say that the world needs MANY more people like you wonderful folks!!!! Bless you all involved- and you know who you are, who keep CMHR running and progressing and thanks to to every single person who has jumped in and helped any time needed with only thoughts for helping a horse in need.

We love you guys, the wee horses love you guys- you are all angels! Thank YOU!!!!

Thank You! For giving all those horses a second chance at a good life! I'm always horrified by the stories and it's nice to know there's an excellant organization that I can donate to and feel that I've at least helped a tiny bit! Thank you so much for being there.

Connie,

It was an honor to join Chances this past year and it was a pleasure to work with you. There was a great deal of satisfaction in fostering and then having the little guy be adopted. I highly recommend it!

Ma---

Latest posts

Back