Great Dane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarks Ltd Edition

Reaction score
I have a wonderful black Great Dane and I am looking for a friend for him. He is a house dog
rolleyes.gif

Very smart!! Good around the miniatures and my cat, and my outside Anatolians.

Thanks,

Molly

I raised Danes for 20 plus years, they are great dogs. I had blacks and blues, and one brindle. I got out of them when the "California style" was beginning to get popular. We had the German Import lines,(VonMeistersinger) ours avg 37-39" at the shoulders and weight was 190 to 240 lbs. I hope you find a loving home for him. Corinne

No, No Corinne, I am looking for another Great Dane - a puppy. I would not trade my Black Great dane for anything - he is the greatest
yes.gif

Do you still stay in touch with any breeders? What do you mean by the California Look to the Great Danes?

Thanks,

Molly

Yeah, i'd like to know that too. Cause I'm thinking I might have to get offended here. LOL

Molly, sorry I read your post wrong..I thought you were looking for a new home for him. Back in the late 70's or early 80's the judges at alot of the shows started to look at only the danes which had a very sleek line, and really refined built to them. The breeders who were breeding for this at the time all seem to be in the California area, so the dogs became knowm as the California look. I didnt like the look at all. I like the grayhound breed, but that is what the danes were beginning to look like with added height. Our Danes were huge, and stocky. I sure dont mean to offend anyone here. It was just my opinion that a dane should have height and a good built to compliment the height. There are a few people I know that still have Danes and I would have to say theres avg. about 37" and the weight is around 150-180#s the old time danes looked more like the German Mastiff dog, (with cropped ears
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
) I would love to see a picture of your danes. I was offered a dane this past summer, and honest to god--he looked like a large black lab, but yet, he was AKC. Great Danes are super dogs and who knows maybe someday I will have one again, but when I lost my last one..it was just to hard to take, I would need one with a LONG lifespan, rather then the 8-10 yrs.
no.gif
minimama--dont get offended ....lol...I LOVE all dogs. Molly, I can check and see if anyone is having pups. Corinne

The bigger the dog the shorter the life span and that is for any breed of dog. Just when you get attached so, they go and die on ya.

Latest posts

Back