Grand Pa just died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesper

Reaction score
Well let me see if I can make some sense out of all those words swirling around inside my head. Grand Pa isn't my real Grand Pa, he died in 2003 when I was working at Tony's, but he has been in the family for 20 years and were as good a Grand Pa anyone would ever want.

He was a grand and proud man and well liked by everyone. Of course as he got older his hearing got worse and large crowds confused him because he couldn't make out the different voices so it was all just a big buzz for him, but 3-5 people of if you had him alone, then he really bloomed and he could tell all sorts of stories and had a fantastic sense of humor, but if you only met him on the crowdy days then you would never experience how much he contained.

He has been ill for months but refused to go to the doc and we just had to accept that, he would have it no other way. About 3-4 weeks ago he finally accepted to have a doc come see him and he was omitted (that the right word?) to the hospital right away and thats where he has been since then.

I am not very good with hospitals but I knew it was close so my mom and I drove up there to visit him, and the man I saw, ooh boy, don't know how to explain it, he didn't look the same at all, but just seeing the smile on his face when he saw I was there to see him, that made it so worth it. He had totally accepted that it was soon his time and most of the family accepted that as well. His kidneys was almost totally gone so he was swelling up and his body was slowly poisoning itself and he slept in last night. Just got the message earlier.

He would have been 81 here in April so he had a long life and if you had asked him, he had a great life too. Even though we are only his step family, we took him in as real family and loved him as so, his only family is a son and a grand child. I just feel they grew old too fast, he and my Grand Ma has had a tough life in the last years and he was the one doing most of the stuff at home because Grand Ma can't do it herself. So now that he is gone we have to worry about her and it would be nice if we could get her moved up close to my mom, but she will hear nothing of that, she want to stay where she is, I just don't know how wise that is. I don't know but I fear I wont have her much longer either after this, he was her life and now that he is gone, she got nothing left. Of course she got the rest of the family but we all know that isnt the same, they lived together for 20 years and had their life and routines. Ooh well....

He will be missed, I know I already do.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You wrote a wonderful desciption of him. He will be missed.

Jesper, I am so very sorry for your loss!!
default_wub.png
{{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png

Sorry for your loss. You had time to enjoy him and he made you happy and thats what counts...

Sending you my sympathy to you, Jesper. God bless.........

I'm so sorry Jesper. You are so blessed to have had him in your life and he was blessed to have you...

I'm so sorry, Jesper!
default_sad.png
Your Grandpa sounds like he was a really wonderful man. {{{hugs}}}

thanks for all the kind words, today has been horribly but your kind words has helped a lot.

my Grand Pa sure was a special man and he will be missed by many.

Jesper

I am so sorry for your loss! What a wonderful Tribute...and he has instilled his values in you...you are a better man for having known him.

I lost my Maternal Grandmother when I was just a young teen, and here I am, only six years younger than she was when she passed away. I STILL miss her terribly...every day of my life; so I understand your feelings of loss.

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

That is how my DH Mum died not to long ago,, her kidneys gave out and she just got tired and passed away.

Sorry to hear you have had to go through the same thing. <HUGS> It is wonderful that you were there for him. You will miss him but he will always be in your heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss. You will always have him in your heart and in your lovely memories.

Robin

Jesper, our Grandpas are very much alike. Perhaps my grandpa was there to welcome your grandpa and they will enjoy each others company! God bless you and give you peace. I know how hard it is to be without them here.

Lyn

Latest posts

Back