Grand Coat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaL

Reaction score
You were so helpful, you are now rewarded with... more questions!
default_biggrin.png

I fed Grand Coat for a very brief time last year then d/c it when it became apparent I wouldn't be showing that year. I just started my show horses on it a few days ago. Who has used it? How well does it work? I am very amateur so I need all the help I can get with them looking great and hopefully my novice handling won't matter as much
default_wink.png
I am feeding it to a bay sabino overo, silver buckskin, a red roan and a buckskin tovero.

Thanks
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shauna, I LOVE Grand Coat and last year I gave it to ALL my horses and it did great. I switched this year to Dac oil and Orange and my only regret is it's EXPENSIVE and the shipping was HORRID. I probably will go back to the Grand Coat cause I can't afford the Dac. I feel guilty for buying it especially since the Grand Coat did fine. I just thought that I WAS saving money by buying it. Sure it comes in 25 lbs but you have to pay for 28 lbs of shipping. Then the Dac Orange you have to pay 22lbs of shipping if you buy the 20 lbs, which I did. I bought the bigger sizes cause of having so many horses.

SO my input is yes the Grand Coat is great. I turned my girl friend on to it in Arkansas and she's got white horses and it did great on them. I have pintos and dark buckskin and he look fabulous. Plus, when I show them I spray them with stuff too but I've even went out into the arena without even spraying them and they look just as great cause of the Grand Coat, I just like them somewhat shiner.

Good luck to you, TJ

Most of the coat supplements work pretty well... the Grand Meadows products are great I use their Grand Flex and Grand Hoof supplements as needed on my horses.

I prefer Select Nu-Image as it seems a bit more inexpensive and works extremely well for the price... but I have seen good results with most of the coat supplements out there. Anything with some high-fat and then hoof-supplement-type additives (biotin, lysine, zinc, and methionine) generally will do the trick. And for minis, it's inexpensive because they just take 1/4 scoop!

Andrea

Thanks guys - wanted to make sure it was worth it before I completely committed to it
default_smile.png
Select Nu-Image, maybe I'll put 2 on that and 2 on Grand Coat for awhile and see what happens. More inexpensive sounds good!

TJ, yes I had tried some different products other years and felt they did nothing at all. It is so frustrating because usually they come in such large amounts, what a waste of money
default_unsure.png
I haven't heard of those two products but I'll be sure to stay away from them.

Taylor Jo,

Have you checked to see if you have a local DAC dealer? If so, it would save you the shipping prices. They keep the product on hand, and you purchase from them. I dont know that I could afford the shipping on it.

Taylor Jo,Have you checked to see if you have a local DAC dealer? If so, it would save you the shipping prices. They keep the product on hand, and you purchase from them. I dont know that I could afford the shipping on it.

Thanks, I remember someone putting in the DAC dealer, I'll have to look it up again. It HAS to be better then what I paid. $182.00 Yep. GULP!!!!!! I about died.

Latest posts

Back