Gracie's lil filly- picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy B

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a picture of Gracie's 1 month old buckskin filly after I did a quick head and neck clip. She has so much hair we just had to see what was under there. I held her on my lap as Sandy Of Cavallini Farms (and gracious person who gave Gracie the filly) suggested. She was very good. Gracie has her completely halter broke now and the filly is quiet as can be. I doubt she will ever make a halter filly because Gracie will have her so dead broke that nothing will excite her not to mention she is not as refined as the modern halter horses, but I bet she will make a heck of a trail and showmanship horse. Gracie has named her Cowgirl and is still working on a registered name.

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

Priceless!
wub.gif

Adorable. Hey Sandy, I have found alot of halters in various foal sizes in very good condition. Even found a leather newborn one that I had made. Hard to believe that they ever fit. I will box them up and send them to you if you want them. Just need your address.

Thanks everyone! It gives me so much pleasure & happiness to watch Gracie and Cowgirl. This was what she had worked so hard for (to raise a baby of her own) and although it did not happen the way we had planned, God provided another way (via Cavallini Farms) for Gracie to love and raise her first baby. I watch her handle her filly and I feel so much pride as she is doing an amazing job. I am also amazed at how diligent she is in handling her broodmares and her stallion. She does all the teasing herself (I supervise) and helps me determine when we should cover mares or reminds me of who is where and what needs to be done. She now has all the broodmares running to her at the gate when she goes in to catch one to tease or groom. She is doing pretty good for an 11 year old.

She really wants to drive her stallion next year, and she has done ground driving with him and we have hooked him up once and off she went driving him. She has him so broke too ;) I am not sure how well they will do since he is 30.5" and not exactly a big mover, he goes more like a western pleasure horse
laugh.gif
She wants to wear the fancy dresses and make-up. I will need to find someone close to me to go take her for driving lessons as that is one thing I am not experienced in and have no clue on etiquette and style.

Kathy- that is awesome! I will email your my address! The girls are doing awesome! We bred Margarita & Fancy (fingers crossed) and are now breeding Pearl.

So wonderful how things turn out! That foal is so pretty! So nice to see them together.

Wow what a nice head and pretty eye on that filly!! I wouldn't rule out halter Sandy Gracie can show in halter yearlings since she can't trail until 2yr!!! Can't wait to see full body shot-so nice they are bonding. Happy ending for everyone:)

Just beautiful.....made me tear up a little after everything Gracie has been through and now to see her with her new baby, priceless
default_wub.png
^Agree with Epetrilli I would do halter with her, she's very pretty. Try it!
default_smile.png

Back