Got another new horse :) *Pics. included

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
This guy is 25 yrs. young (will be 26 in June), is a registered Quarter Horse gelding. He's the sweetest horse and has a great disposition. His previous owner was starving him to death and we don't suspect he would have lasted much longer, he was SO weak and had NO life left in his eyes, he was giving up and dying. He isn't here with me yet, he's at a friends house until we are ready for him here (gotto go shopping for more hay, grain, etc. for the ol' man
default_smile.png
) He's been with our friends for about 2 weeks. Yesterday for the first time in the 2 weeks she's had him (and probably the first time since the last couple years...as thats when his previous owner had him) that he's ran around and actually bucked!
default_smile.png
He's getting his energy back and has a twinkle in his eye now! It's only been two weeks and he's starting to gain more weight and has quite the appetite now! He eats anything and everything you put in front of him, it's been a LONG time since he's had a proper meal and a full belly. He's a very sweet ol' guy and deserves the best, which is what he'll be getting from now on.
default_wub.png
It makes me sick how some people take care of their horses (or the lack there of) and I know I can't help them all but if I can even help save one it's so rewarding! This guy won't ever have to suffer from an empty stomach again and he'll be treated the way he deserves until his last breath. He's truly worth his weight (+ a few 100 pounds!
default_smile.png
) in gold!

Since he came with his papers (long story how we got those lol) we were able to look up his breeder on the internet and found the phone number and got to talk to his breeder and found out a lot about him (they had him for 17 years) and they said he's the sweetest horse you'll ever know and they were really glad to hear that we have him and that he'll be taken care of (they've just always thought he was dead), and were so heart broken to hear the condition that he's in. She said that they had to sell him because of health problems, he was the last one that they sold (they had quite a few other horses). They will be sending us what pictures of him that they have of him in his younger (and better) years. So that's cool.
default_smile.png

Well here are the pictures of him, taken about 2 weeks after being rescued (he will be getting his feet trimmed soon)~

Boogie4-4-09002.jpg

Boogie4-4-09003.jpg

Keep in mind he has a pretty thick winter coat on, if you put your fingers under the fuzz all there is is BONE, he's got bald patches from being so malnourished, its so sad~

Boogie4-4-09004.jpg

Boogie4-4-09005.jpg

Boogie4-4-09006.jpg

And these were taken after about 2 weeks of being fed/brushed/blanketed, he looked a lot worse before~

Boogie4-4-09011.jpg

The bald spots on his face (there's more on his back but I didn't get pics. of those yet)~

Boogie4-4-09012.jpg

His hind end just sags! There's nothing there but hair and bones~

Boogie4-4-09013.jpg

The start to a much better life for this guy~

Boogie4-4-09018.jpg

Boogie4-4-09021.jpg

Boogie4-4-09022.jpg

You can see his ribs really easily when he walks around, even under all that hair~

Boogie4-4-09024.jpg

Oh and his registered name is THREEMINUTE BOOGIE, aka "Boogie". Still unsure of whether to change his name or not...any suggestions? Keep? Change?
default_smile.png

His sire is Quincy Sun Dun, and his dam is Mezzo Music. Not sure if any of you guys know much about them but they were some pretty impressive horses, we were looking them up on the internet last night
default_smile.png
(not that it really matters who his parents were but we always like to look them up just for fun
default_smile.png
)

Boogie4-4-09025.jpg

Boogie4-4-09028.jpg

I'll be posting updates as time goes on and as he progresses. Thanks for letting me share!
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new boy! I just love the "seniors". I rescued three elderly horses almost five years ago and the one that was in the worst condition is still with us; he's 30 years young and is the sweetest horse.
default_wub.png
He was near death but fought so hard and made a full recovery. For what it's worth, I changed his name when he came to live with us. It just felt like the right thing for us to do; a new name to go with his new life. He's a big 16.2 hh Appendix QH whose name is Rhett, after the character from "Gone With the Wind".

Good luck with your guy. I would love to see updates on his progress.

Rebecca

He is very handsome (such a kind face!) and I know he's really happy to have met you
love0034.gif

I just know this guy will thrive in your care. Thank you for saving such a beautiful boy.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

So glad you are giving him the love and respect he deserves
default_smile.png

Thanks for all the nice comments guys
default_smile.png
I'm very excited for him to start his new life with me, he's such a sweetie and deserves it
default_smile.png

Would anyone who does collages like to make me some with those pictures I posted? And could you also put on them the date 4/4/09 and his name, "Boogie".

So have something like "Boogie 4/4/09" in one corner or something. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who'd like to do it!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back