got a new family member

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimmerpaints

Reaction score
A friend called me today. Her mom is moving to california cuz her brother is very ill and my friend Angie has way to many dogs already for her little yard. She asked if we would like to take Walter a 3 yrold lab/german shepard mix. I was told Walter is awesome with kids. I tod her i will try and see if he can fit in at my home. I went to get walter and OMG he is HUGE! Has a sad face though and that drew me into him. Anyway I brought him home and he LOVES my kids, not to crazy about my two cats but isnt mean to them. He just looks at my horses lik WHAT IS THAT! He is so funny. Horses scared this huge dog to death and he hide under the porch. I brought him inside and he is sleeping in my daughters room and the cats stay far away from him. I hope they learn to like each other. I hope old Walter settles in ok. Only time will tell. Had to share.

default_wub.png
You did good. (in my opinion)....All you can do is test the waters, and it sounds like it's working so far..... Kuddos.

Look forward to seeing pics.

Well you have 2 good breeds in the mix there so Im sure with time things will work out beautifully. Just dont rush it...if the dog is afraid of the horses dont try Make Them be buddies...thats worse w/a shepherd thats already afraid of the horses. Walter will tell you when hes ready for new friends. Good luck !!

Congratulations and best of luck!!! HOWEVER -- you do realize you broke a major rule, right? A new pet announcement without a picture?!?!? Shame on you
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations and best of luck!!! HOWEVER -- you do realize you broke a major rule, right? A new pet announcement without a picture?!?!? Shame on you
default_biggrin.png

Jill Im so sorry never thought about posting pic. He is a sweet sweet boy. Doing so good. My cats still arent to wild about him i hope that changes soon also.

Here is a picture

THIS IS WALTER

IMG_5339.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

he is so cute, glad he is working out! At least he's not chasing the cats so they should all eventually be friends...maybe..lol. Good for you for taken him in...as cute as he is he still probably wouldn't of gotten adopted from a shelter...you saved his life I'm sure!

What a lovely looking boy! Hope it all works out with the cats so he can stay where he is obviously very happy!

Back