Goodbye Briar...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Well...my little girl, Briar, is almost 10 months old; how fast time goes. I'm delivering her to her new home tomorrow morning so I thought I'd clip her head and neck to keep her cool; its' gonna be warm her for the next little while. I left her body as there are supposed to be some cooler nights coming again (such is a Canadian Spring).

Briar is going to an amazing home that does therapeutic riding for children with disablilties. She will teach the younger ones, and those that are a bit more timid around horses, about the basics of horse care etc. (picking out feet, grooming, etc). What an honour it is that she will be going to a place like that. I'm so proud of her (and Lex and Royal for making such a pretty girl...). So please join me in saying bye to Shiloh Farm's first home-bred foal
default_bye-sad.gif

DSCF0039-1.jpg

This is her Tina Turner look
default_biggrin.png

DSCF0041-2.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

default_laugh.png
I love that look. And the reference to Tina Turner. Its so sad when they go to their new homes. Albeit probably why I still have Duckie and Koda Bear. She will be so happy being loved on all the time.

What an honor, indeed! Congratulations to you
default_smile.png
I know you will miss her, but she will be doing such an amazing service for children! WIll you be able to visit her?

Peggy

Thanks. Yes, I'm sure I'll be able to visit the little stinker
default_biggrin.png

That's fantastic, have to say I love the hair do.
default_smile.png

I think she's doing a hair toss in that last picture.
default_biggrin.png
How proud you must be that your first foal is so beautiful inside and out.

Aw she is a cutey! It's hard with the first one to let them go.

It's nice that she is going to a special home.

Congratulations on finding her such a good home to go to.

Bonnie

Matt its nice that you care so much about your minis, Its great to see that you have done your part to ensure she will have a good home.

She is a beauty! Congrats on producing such a wonderful girl and best of luck to her in her new home!
default_wub.png

Welcome to your new life Briar. Its so perfect knowing she will be much loved and cared for just like she's used to.

Thanks guys!

Just got back from dropping her off in Windsor. Wow! She stepped on the trailer like she's done it a thousand times. When I went to get her out I expected a sweating, nervous little horse; she was just standing there, all her hay was eaten, and she gave me a little whinny like, "So...there you are, Matt!". She stepped off and confidently walked to the round pen with me. I let her in there to stretch her legs. She pranced around like a little dressage horse (she so impressed her new owners and the other horses who were standing around looking to see who the new little one was
default_wink.png
). Then she explored the goats and the donkeys and the other horses before I put her in her new stall. She travelled like a pro and has never ever stepped foot on a trailer. All that travelling and leaving mom etc., and she is a gem. The new owners are so in love with her
default_biggrin.png

I got one hour of sleep last night worrying...All for nothing
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back