Good and bad news - my first pregnant minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. It'll definitely be a learning curve for him, so may seem to be a major issue. In the end, it'll just take time for them to settle down. Now is a great time to be gelding though, no flies, nice and cool! If you are going to geld, why not do it this week? Then you don't have to worry quite as much, and just give him a few weeks of separation.

Depends. It'll definitely be a learning curve for him, so may seem to be a major issue. In the end, it'll just take time for them to settle down. Now is a great time to be gelding though, no flies, nice and cool! If you are going to geld, why not do it this week? Then you don't have to worry quite as much, and just give him a few weeks of separation.
I am calling the Vet this morning to make the appointment for that. I want to get that fence done this weekend, if the rain ever stops, and then get him done when I can put him in his own pen. I'd hate it if he got that done and one of the girls kicked him... But yes, that makes perfect sense. They battled flies here so bad this year, I am not sure who was more anxious for the weather to change, me or them. I kept fly traps out there and I must have gone thru two of those fly traps a week.

IF your not going to seperate him now, the one that just aborted will get bred back again.

IF your not going to seperate him now, the one that just aborted will get bred back again.
I have her in a stall right now. I've been swapping them out between him and her and both are never out at the same time. It's only for a couple of days, so I think they should be ok with this. Providing it doesn't rain, the other pen will be ready within 48 hours, and if not, the Vet will be here on Wednesday of next week. I was warned of that, so I am taking the best precautions I possibly can until I can get one or the other resolved.

Hey, like I said, you sound like you are pretty well organised, good for you. I loved the photos and I'm looking forward to lots more.
default_wink.png

To me, Banner looks to be a silver sorrel with his light mane and tail and sorrel body. I think they are lucky to find such a caring home with you.

To me, Banner looks to be a silver sorrel with his light mane and tail and sorrel body. I think they are lucky to find such a caring home with you.
I am going to try and get some better pics of him, he is such a spoiled brat that I can't seem to get any of all of him because the instant he hears me coming, he's in my face... so FACE pics are easy, the rest is not. And he's very hard to sneak up on. lol

I got some good pics of mine when I got my son to wander about outside the paddock with a balloon, great distraction!
default_laugh.png

Back