Going off from another Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Just read alot of us have health or injury problems. I know I had to down size :new_shocked:

I also two years ago, had a fall off a ladder going up in the hay loft, ladder went one way and I went the other, came down on the back of my head on the concrete in the stall, was out for about 5 minutes, and have had crotizone shots in my right arm, torn tendon. Have short term memory loss. First few weeks could not speak, and still sometimes stutter, some words just do not always come to my mind when I try to talk. Far as my arm just except the pain. So blessed to be alive.

Not complaining but just wondered how many more of us, have had something happen
default_wacko.png
: to keep us at home and not out in the work place?
default_wub.png
:

Hope you don't mind sharing, just helps us get to know each other.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I thought I would post anyways. I have always felt uncomfortable around people, especially people I don't know. I have always been overweight and deep down, I have this fear that others are judging me or making fun of me. I guess this plays a part in the fact that I have always stressed out over everything. When I'm faced with something, I get really scared and my heart races non-stop. I get clammy and it's just aweful. It's as if I have stage fright but all the time (off the stage).

I'm much better now that I'm older and married because I no longer care about what others do or think. But about 2 years ago, I had a HUGE headache. So bad that I had to go to the doctor's because I had pounding in my chest/head that wouldn't stop. I had been stressed at work that day (working with children and bad-managers), so it was no suprise when they told me that my blood pressure was 150/130. First time my blood pressure was ever that high. I chalked it to the stress and didn't think much more about it, until I began getting the headaches a lot. Turns out, I have chronic high blood pressure now and I have been placed on two different pills for it (I'm 25).

My husband and I decided that it was best not to be out in the work force, since it seemed that was what ignited it the worst. I took off nearly two years, and still had the HBP although it was in much better numbers. It wasn't until recently that I decided to go back to work, this time in a very relaxing environment (working as a TA for the Jr High school) and only part time. I can't handle full time because of the stress and for the fact that I am now on a diuretic and have to pee non-stop.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]I went from seeing one day to not seeing at all the next day after bleeds in both eyes from diabetic Retinopathy that I didnt even know I had. I have some vision back after 11 surgeries to cauterize vessels in my virtius and that leaves me with tenting from scar tissue and less than 20 degrees of visual field. I was a nurse and a casemanager for a home care company. I loved my job. I cant ever be a nurse again so now I am a stay at home grandma with 1 and a half grandsons and 12 horses, 8 dachshunds, 2 corgis 1 guide dog and a partridge in a pear tree. God is still very good to me.[/SIZE]

Lyn

aaaah Lyn - I admire you for still being so positive through all of that! I stay at home because I chose to......... Couldn't get very far into my jobs because of our military moves every 3 years or so. Tried working part time here after Lee retired from the Air Force but was not worth it - so I stay home & pamper the horses.

I was a very active person until 2000. I walked every morning 2 miles to get my paper and get back. Took walks along beach for miles. Was well known for my handwork. Had just been diagnosed with dystonia diffuse in all 4 extremeties. We were on our way back from up north. We had sold our place up north and was going to be full time Floridians. Won't go into details of accident but trucker was violating the law when He impacted us the first time. After Docs were through I had 3 disk fusion on both ends of my spine with plate in neck and birdcage on lumbar area. Knee replacement, shoulder surgery. Developed lymphadema from the knee surgery. Lap belt gave me 5 hernias so I'm mesh across my abdomen. Can stay on my feet for maybe 5 min. then I'd better sit down or I will go down and cannot get up. Now I spend most of my day in front of the computer. Hubby is now chief cook and bottlewasher. Take 20 pills a day and an insulin shot . I've had my independence stripped from me. There are days I just sit here and cry(like I'm doing right now). Sometimes I go for days without seeing another human face except for my hubby. Feel so alone at times. I am blessed with a wonderful husband. How many men would take over all household duties and take care of me too. We love to go on cruises and have booked one to the southern Caribbean on Carnival Legend in Oct. for 8 days. Anticipating it helps to keep me going. He has promised me 2 every year.
default_wub.png
:

Add me in too. Over 15 yrs ago I was run over by someone else's big horse in winter and hit the back of my head very hard. After a week or so I collapsed and they found that I had a bleed in there that had killed a good piecce of my brain. Unfortunately it was the balance part, so it took 5 yrs for me to walk with out a stick, and still many times when I'm out for long times I need it just to keep even. Tipping one's head back in the shower should be easy but I need a handle to hold to this day. My head can never go below my knees either or I'm out cold! SO...I stay at home, I raised my kids, discovered the joy of minis, got hurt again (5 herniated discs), got better thanks to time, reduced workload and Reiki. Now at 51 I am trying to become independent with my new business as I am unable to stand for long periods and I cannot sit for long periods. Kinda sucks but I am happy here in my hollow!

geez this is depressing to read - gosh I don't know how all of you keep going having to put up with all of that pain. I will stop complaining about my small ones............. Marylou you do have a wonderful husband there. I hope your cruises are as much enjoyment & even more than you anticipate.

Count me in. All though, I am getting used to being able to spend more time with my animals.

I have no idea how I hurt myself but I have 2 bulging discs at L5 S1 that are pinching the syatic nerve to the left leg. I can't stand for more than a couple hours at a time, can't sit for more than 3 hours and can't walk more than a mile without NOT being able to pick up my left leg anymore. Docs have tried all kinds of shots and drugs but nothing is fixing it. I really don't want to go through with a full fledged, open you up, back surgery but may have to.

My job was a 12 hour shift, on your feet, walking up to 15 miles a day on metal grate floors. I was required to bend and lift heavy items without anything being ergonomically correct, no matter how hard they try to make it that way.

Now....may have to go back anyway.......

default_yes.gif
: Well, I do not work outside the home but not due to injury or pain. I have four kids and my husband and I made the decision that I would stay home and raise them no matter what so that is what I do. However, I hardly stay home, I am always in the car!!!! :bgrin :lol:

Used to have golf cart and went all over the community. After accident Doc said can't go anywhere alone. Had to sell it. Broke my heart to sell "the Red Baron". :no:

Until our son was born, I stayed at home due to anxiety issues- I still have them, now, but my son is a bigger reason for staying home then anything else.

I have tried to work (before Nathan), but both times I managed two days before I started self-destructing.

Now I need to see a physician- I'm suffering from bad sciatica, and bad shoulder pains from an OTJ injury from late 2001- as well as strange joint pain and numbnesses. I'm worried about what might be wrong... the sciatica could be like my mothers, and turn out to be degenerative disc disease...

Hubby, sadly, doesn't make enough to support us. We live with my mother, brother, and step-dad, and it's driving us nuts. We'll manage, eventually.

cant say much... exept, the ptoblems i have are personal and i am not quite ready to share them yet...... but i simpathise so much with you all.. i am reduced to tears..... thanks for sharing

it makes it so much easier when you hear others are going through similar problems...

god love you all

steph

:saludando: Hi

I am a stay at home Mum for a few reasons..

1~ being my husbands choice as his mum was a working mum and she died when he was 11 so it has left a " bad taste " and did not want his wife to be a working Mum... i enjoy being at home i have to admit

2~ I have knee injuries from when i was in the Royal Australian Airforce and that stops me in my tracks som days

3 ~ yes there is another reason.. i dont need to share at this stage

I understand if you need to work but it is nice to be able to say " Stay at Home Mum "

Count me in. All though, I am getting used to being able to spend more time with my animals.

I have no idea how I hurt myself but I have 2 bulging discs at L5 S1 that are pinching the syatic nerve to the left leg. I can't stand for more than a couple hours at a time, can't sit for more than 3 hours and can't walk more than a mile without NOT being able to pick up my left leg anymore. Docs have tried all kinds of shots and drugs but nothing is fixing it. I really don't want to go through with a full fledged, open you up, back surgery but may have to.

My job was a 12 hour shift, on your feet, walking up to 15 miles a day on metal grate floors. I was required to bend and lift heavy items without anything being ergonomically correct, no matter how hard they try to make it that way.

Sounds like me. Had back surgery at 29. No problems for years except backaches once in a while At 62 started having lots of problems because of my job. Tried everything. Bulging discs just above my surgery from years ago. Told surgery might not work and a 9 month recovery.. As long as I don't have to stand or sit for long I'm okay, so at 63 as I was old enough to draw social security I retired. Now at 64 Marnie gave me and my Granddaughters each a mini horse. I have a new lease on life, thanks to my sister. So we have 3 minis, 23 husky dogs for sledding, 2 house dogs, 3 cats and 5 fish. Only one mini is mine. My husband and I live with our son who has his children every other week in a 50/50 placement.. I wouldn't at this time change my life for anything. Feel sorry for all of you who are still young and suffering. Bonnie B

Count me in too.

I have a spinal fusion at L5S1 (birth defect), 3 compression fractured vertabra a dislocated rib damaged my bladder nerve and lower back and right leg nerve damage (riding accident 2 yrs ago), bulging disc in my neck C5 and my right shoulder and arm all have tissue and ligament damage (hit by a car crossing road and dragged).

At first I was angry, but now I try to keep myself busy with the minis (4), chickens (11) and dogs (4). I have to take breaks constantly, can't walk much or sit long.

I look for the simple pleasures in life now, no fancy clothes or such. My only regret is that I wish my husband was more understanding and supporting, but he works alot sooo.
default_wink.png
:

Lee

I have Lyme disease. Started having cardiac problems about 15 years ago. Many Drs. Many wrong diagnosis. Many detrimental treatments. Finally got the right dx, started treatment, but had to stop working. I compare tx to cancer ( I know, no where near as bad, but follow) , you know youa re ill and something is wrong, but you can function. Start treatment and wham, no more functioning. Lyme tx is antibiotics which kills so much of the bacterium that it poisons your system. Start with one med, then take another to counteract the first, then anther to counteract the second and on and on. At my peak I took 17 rxs and numerous herbals.

Worst symptom is fatigue, ya look good but cannot function. Also have major headaches ( quite frequently they are meningial), arrythmias ( Lyme loves nerves), arthritis, RSD, PN on and on.

But, you do what you can with what you have
default_yes.gif
: Cant change it, so no use wasting time trying or wishing. Already did that LOL didnt work LOL

Dont know what I would do if I didnt have my critters. And have to thank God that I dont have kids, this would be even more of a nightmare.

Sounds like me. Had back surgery at 29. No problems for years except backaches once in a while At 62 started having lots of problems because of my job. Tried everything. Bulging discs just above my surgery from years ago. Told surgery might not work and a 9 month recovery.. As long as I don't have to stand or sit for long I'm okay, so at 63 as I was old enough to draw social security I retired. Now at 64 Marnie gave me and my Granddaughters each a mini horse. I have a new lease on life, thanks to my sister. So we have 3 minis, 23 husky dogs for sledding, 2 house dogs, 3 cats and 5 fish. Only one mini is mine. My husband and I live with our son who has his children every other week in a 50/50 placement.. I wouldn't at this time change my life for anything. Feel sorry for all of you who are still young and suffering. Bonnie B
Forgot I also have diabetes and high blood pressure and a grumpy old husband. lol

Latest posts

Back