God Sent Me My Dream Boy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
default_saludando.gif

Boy, I was rewarded bigtime when I took in Freedom! (my rescue mare that was bought up by a kill buyer at auction in Dec!) Took a gamble on her having no idea that this beauty was cooking inside!
default_biggrin.png

Funny cause from the day I discovered that she was in foal (when I was brushing her and just so happen to feel the foal moving around in there!) I always refered to the unborn foal as "my black colt with socks and a star"!!! Well, I was pretty close!!! He's what I always dreamed of!!!!

He is HUGE though, not sure if he'll end up bigger then a Mini but who cares, he's gonna make one nice driving pony(fingers crossed)! I would LOVE to do combined driving some day!!! Heck, I think he'll be big enough to pull both me and my hubby around!!

Freedom is about 37" and obviously I haven't a clue what she was bred to BUT 3 of the other mares that she was in with (there were 30 altogether) have all foaled out small, dainty babies. He is about 30-31" at 7 weeks! lol

SO, Is he dark bay? Except his mane is more brown then blk and his tail has some light coloring through it.

Don't mind the clip job, I did it totally by myself so I quit at the knees! lol

~Tammy

369318413.jpg

369318829.jpg

369318733.jpg

369318668.jpg

369318544.jpg

Love this guy!! Course we have an almost look alike filly in our barn now (man do I LOVE these splashes!!!) I think your guy is black, the brown tint is probably just sun fading
default_yes.gif

He is beautiful! I'm so glad you gave them both a shot at life
default_smile.png
Congratulations! Good luck with him. You are right he is gonna be big. LOL

You got two wonderful gifts! He is a looker! He'll probably be a small pony lol (I predict 11.2h or 46").

Nice boy!!
default_wub.png
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he stays under 99cm at the withers so you can do CDE with him without a navigator.

Leia

That is one beautiful colt u have! Love mom too. I think she paid u back for your good deed saving her/them
default_wub.png

He is gorgeous!!! One of my favorite forum foals
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
I think he is black. I know he is gorgeous
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I teased people last year that the ultrasounds of Sweetie's and Double's "on the inside" foals looked EXACTLY like buckskin fillies. At that point in the pregnancies (early), they also looked probably exactly like cockerspaniels. BUT, they were in fact those buckskin fillies I wanted
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, he looks like my Willow's full brother! I'd say he is black.

He is very handsome and should make you a great driving horse.

Thank you Lucky-C, I love him too!
default_biggrin.png
I went and checked out your filly too and WOW what a beauty!!
default_wub.png

~Tammy

Your right Matt, I should've said TWO gifts! Freedom is also a treasure to me!!
default_smile.png
OMG, do you really think he'll end up that BIG? LOL!!!! Maybe I'll be able to ride him!!! lol!!

Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Leia! Can you convert cm to inches for me!? lol But a navigator might be fun too!
default_wink.png

Thank you Jill, that is quite a compliment!!! I really appreciate it!!!
default_biggrin.png

And as far as your cockerspaniels go......that's a RIOT!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! But seriously, that's freaky!!!
default_biggrin.png

Tammy

Latest posts

Back