Getting ready for nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
I am really excited about the purchase I made on Friday. I found a dress for my driving classes at nationals! It is so pretty. The best part was it cost $28.00. Yep thats right, love those clearance racks! It was originally marked 156.00. Absolutely gorgeous and fancy.

I can't wait to wear it driving at nationals. Any one else started shopping?

Sorry no pictures as it is a surprise.

Haha I do that all the time
default_biggrin.png

But no Nationals for us this year, it's just too much time away from school for me (most professors are pretty good and willing to work with me, but some just won't compromise (*cough* chemistry department *cough*), and I'm not willing to accept a lower grade in order to go to nationals)

Well I shopped for nationals but not for me. I bought Rio a new harness to go with the cart I bought for him last year. Thank u Field of Dreams for selling me Rios lovely show cart. I had mini express order Rio his own custom harness. He be stylin now,LOL. What am I going to wear? I dont have a clue!
default_wacko.png

ckmini- I am so sorry you won't be at nationals this year. We are going to miss you! Those darn professors, they should know the order of importance!!!

Hairicane- How exciting that you are headed there with a new cart and harness. I bet you will look great! I am hoping for a cart next year, and someday would love to have a Ludtke harness.

Anyone else making purchases?

I'm really hoping I get to go show my last youth year
default_wub.png

No money to buy new stuff unfortunatly and I really need a new blazer!
default_rolleyes.gif

Devon- I really hope you get to come too! It is a great experience.

Here is a hint. I don't know if you have one close by, but good will is a great place to shop for blazers! Usually very cheap and in good condition!

I also did some shopping -- but for the horses .LOL -- I have ordered a new harness, and well this was kinda for me -- last summer we got a viceroy (which I have always wanted ) and this year we got it all refurbished -- so will be able to go in Park Harness this year. I am pleased with it.

I don't thinnk we will have the new harness for the first shows but will ahve in time for the others & Nationals.

Devon -- what size do you wear?? Let me know & I will see what is around here. We ahd a lot of grandkids show - so you never know. LOL

Also, did you try the local thrift stores -- a lot of people at Nationals say that is where they got their lovely jackets.

I was just at a store called Bills Farm and Home and they had a lime green stripped shirt with white and purple with rhinestones on it across the chest and on 2 chest pockets along with clear rhinestone type snap buttons. It has bicep length sleeves which is perfect for this hot weather when we can go dressed down or wear under our jackets. I've been searching last season and this season for the perfect shirt and hadn't found one. I was in talking to the sale girl saying I wish we could find a store that had show clothing instead of buying it on the internet. I was telling her about the shirts I'd gotten from them that go w/ my blazers for the local shows and she said well what about this one do you have it and it was the lime green one, I said well I need a large and she said well it's the last one and it's a large. I went YA HOO!!!!!!! I was SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! Made my day. Just don't fined rhinestone shirts around here plus it only cost $28.95!!!!!! Such a deal............Plus, like I told you in another post that I did buy a new harness which I have now and love and a new cart I have to pick up at Nationals. So excited. TJ

Last edited:
Taylor Jo you are on a roll
default_biggrin.png

New horses, new harness, new carts new show clothes.. watch out Nationals here you come
default_laugh.png

Taylor Jo you are on a roll
default_biggrin.png
New horses, new harness, new carts new show clothes.. watch out Nationals here you come
default_laugh.png

Ugh yea I have to confess, my credit cart is a "little" high right now..... Opps
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
TJ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back