Getting Prepared

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_cowgirl

Reaction score
I'm finishing up packing my bags to go to the Annual meeting and my other meeting in DC. Will be gone a week but I'm trying to ONLY take carry-on stuff.

I read all the guidelines and I got my liquids and gels (or all that I can figure out are) in ONE quart-size "zip-top" bag. Now I'm just worried that their going to say my lipstick, powder blush & eyeshadow, face cleaning pads, etc. should have been in that bag. But I didn't put them in there because I don't believe them to be liquid or gel, I think their solids.

So guess I'm just a worry wart but I just don't want to cause any problems with airport security.

Guess we'll see how it goes...

sounds like you should be fine...I just flew to Florida and back and didn't realize you have to take the ziploc bag out of your carry-on and set it beside it as you go through inspection so they can see it. I didn't take anything like that in my carry-on but a girl ahead of me did and they opened her carry-on and searched it and that was the reason why they stopped her-I asked. I am a huge worry wart too, I would put the make-up in a separate ziploc on it's own so they can get a good look at it too, just in case, LOL I actually found they were being very relaxed and friendly at the inspection gates when we went on vacation,I always find as long as you are co-operative they are pretty nice about stuff! Have a good trip!!

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pam, thats the kind of reassurance I was looking for! Was hoping someone would say they traveled recently and how it went, etc.
default_smile.png

I had put the makeup in a zip-top bad but I was afraid they may say "oh you have 2 zip-top bags and you cna only have one" (if maybe they thought I thought something else was 'liquid or gel') so to avoid that I found another lil toiletry bag to put that kind of stuff in along with the "solid" medicines I'm taking. Probably won't take the makeup bag out of the carry-on but it'll be easily accessible if they want to after going through x-ray.

Just nervous about all this...haven't flown since last summer and nowadays flying makes me nervous period.

My fiance is a TSA agent and it sure makes me be nicer to them for all they have to do and all the BS they ahve to put up with from unruly passengers. Andt hey get paid poorly for all they do! :no:

Thanks Pam, thats the kind of reassurance I was looking for! Was hoping someone would say they traveled recently and how it went, etc.
I had put the makeup in a zip-top bad but I was afraid they may say "oh you have 2 zip-top bags and you cna only have one" (if maybe they thought I thought something else was 'liquid or gel') so to avoid that I found another lil toiletry bag to put that kind of stuff in along with the "solid" medicines I'm taking. Probably won't take the makeup bag out of the carry-on but it'll be easily accessible if they want to after going through x-ray.

Just nervous about all this...haven't flown since last summer and nowadays flying makes me nervous period.
Sounds like you will be fine!! I hadn't flown since all this new stuff either and honestly other than having to wait while my husband rooted through his carry-on right off the smack when he saw the sign saying no lighters, it was same old, same old. :eek: He doesn't even smoke so I don't even know what that was for LOL All the agents were cheerful and helpful, they were of course making you take shoes, belts jackets, sweaters, vests etc. off which is no big deal, empty your pockets etc. Other than that it was a breeze.

Coming back home, after going through inspection, in my infinite blondeness I wandered into the little area they have set aside for people whose bags are being searched and then realized my mistake tried to retrace my steps but they had roped me and three others in and I said to the agent "I don't want to be in here" and she said "I'm sure you don't" LOL and I said "no I wandered in by mistake!!" and she let me out thankfully of course my hubby was watching me the whole time wandering around with no shoes looking like a total dipsh*t!!! :bgrin

Honestly if we have to go through a bit of extra hubbub to be safe then so bit it!!
default_yes.gif
: Have yourself a fun trip and don't be such a worrywart!!( I know you can't stop cuz I can't stop myself either LOL)

Pammy

When I went to pick up my son at the airport I got tagged by security due to the metal in my artifical hip. It is good they are careful, but good grief!

When I went to pick up my son at the airport I got tagged by security due to the metal in my artifical hip. It is good they are careful, but good grief!
How tight can security be? Tighter than a wonder bra... =) Is that oversharing?

Have a great time in Vegas Cammie! Winona will be there to look you up!

Latest posts

Back