Get it while it's hot!! Mud soup....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill Haven Farms

Reaction score
Here in the midwest... (Im in Kansas City) we have had 6 inches of rain just in the last 24hrs...not to mention the 20.9 inches so far before the 6" today. Our "normal" is supposed to be 15" to date...more to come tonight and all day tomorrow. My poor pastures are quickly turning into soup. I have 2 "dry-lots" that aren't dry anymore..... that's were I am able to serve up the special of the day.... but its too wet to put them all out on the grass, otherwise all my land/pasture would quickly be mud. Poor horses are up to ankles in mud. Even the high areas which have great drainage and crushed rock/gravel material are so saturated that they are sinking. We have 100% humidity and it's 2am and is registering 70 degrees but feels like 85 with the humdity....

Anyone want some?

I know the feeling! We are in Southern Indiana and my first cutting of hay has been "ready" for three weeks now but it won't stop raining for us to cut it! Fortunately there is a lot of slop to our primary land and fields so there is not really a collection of mud anyplace where horses need to be.

you could send us some..here in Texas it will be close to 100 degrees AGAIN today
default_wub.png

Yep, we sure could use some of that rain here in Texas! We've already got cracks in the ground you can stick your hands into. The humidity you can keep, tho.
default_laugh.png

2 am. 70 degrees. 100% humidity. Thanks but no thanks! Our place finally dried up! And the mosquitoes are still awful >.<

Krissy,can you look online about ordering your wormer and other medical stuff from like

jeffers.com valleyvet.com or even statelinetack to save you some money that right there is crazy for paying

i think that all the places would ship international but you have to check ! in that case shoot id go get you wormer for $6 -$13 a tube here and ship my self LOL thats highway robbery
default_new_shocked.gif

Its illegal unfortunatly.... you and I would into a lot of truble .. but thanks a million for the thought. All boxes go to germany where they would be opened. I couldnt even get bandages and neospirine it was collected in Germany.
default_no.gif
My husband has a cousin that is a small animal vet , and he helps me out a lot , by letting me buy bute... but I have to have a good reason . You cant buy anything stronger then asprine here... but you can have a swig or two of grappa at 80 proof...
default_rolleyes.gif
I give my 28 year old donky a bit of congnac when he is feeling blue. he likes that ... dont tell my husband wait .. how did that happen ??? wrong topic . sorry ...

also sorry about the rain .

Last edited:
Indiana here too,,,,and as I sit here listening to the rain hit the roof,,,I couldn't agree more!!

It is good for sleeping though.
default_smile.png

Mud here to in MN but we desperately needed the rain, so can't complain too much I guess we are about 4" behind.

Lakes and Ponds here in Connecticut. It looks like the rain is never going to stop! Out of the last 4 week I think we've seen 3 days of nice weather without rain. The rest of this week and all of next week is rain! I'm going out of my mind. I have a barn half built and horses living under tarps stung to round pen panels. Its killing me here. :arg!

Hill Haven we live about 3+ hrs from you and we FINALLY got some sunshine after all that rain. Gosh we NEVER thought it was going to quit raining. My poor horses they'd get out to pasture and I'd have to drag them back into they're stalls. I keep them in the barn when it rains I don't want lighting or the trees hitting them. We finally past couple of days are getting some sunshine. NOW it's HOT and MUGGY, I bring my horses into the barn at night and put fans on them to cool them down. TJ

Latest posts

Back