Gestation -- WE HAVE A BABY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mock2Farms

Reaction score
She finally had her baby around 7 am this morning! Im so excited. She is either a Silver Buckskin or a Palomino.. YES SHE! We got a filly.. YAY. I will get pictures soon. Baby is strong and healthy.. Hasnt quite figured the "noonie" yet even with help but she is deffinately trying. Mom doesnt have a real big bag but she keeps bumping baby back there like shes saying "come on its right there!". Im so excited. This was our only foal for the year after the other mares aborted.

Just curious what the longest is you have had a mare stay in foal. I bought a mare that was suppose to be vet confirmed in foal and today she would be at 365 days. She didn't abort and looks to be in foal still with a slight bag developing. I am going to have her ultrasounded again to make sure she didn't absorb. What is the lastest into their term that they will asorb?

The breeder is pretty positive about the dates.

Here is some pictures of the mare in question:

032.jpg

031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious what the longest is you have had a mare stay in foal. I bought a mare that was suppose to be vet confirmed in foal and today she would be at 265 days. She didn't abort and looks to be in foal still with a slight bag developing. I am going to have her ultrasounded again to make sure she didn't absorb. What is the lastest into their term that they will asorb?
The breeder is pretty positive about the dates.

Here is some pictures of the mare in question:

032.jpg

031.jpg
she looks prego to me!!!

the longest i have had one go is 380 days but the placenta was not fully developed and we lost the baby
default_sad.png

good luck with her!!!

370 days and the foal was well WORTH THE WAIT shes a keeper!!!!!!!

368 days with a mare who had gone at 312 2 years before and both babies were colts.

[SIZE=12pt]I've had several go to 365 day's plus. [/SIZE]

I can tell you that your mare is HEAVY in foal. So don't waste your money on an ultrasound just have patience....

[SIZE=12pt]I've had several go to 365 day's plus. [/SIZE] 

I can tell you that your mare is HEAVY in foal. So don't waste your money on an ultrasound just have patience....

Thank you. Its hard, this is a very anticipated baby! LOL I had 4 other mares abort that were bred for this year so she is the only one left. It was a hard year for us.

369 days was my longest, a very long-legged, long-haired cremello colt
default_smile.png
His dam didn't even look terribley preggy, never mind bulging at the seams like your girl!

Patience ...
default_smile.png
and good luck! My guess is she will bag up very suddenly and it will all happen rather quickly.

My mare's bag looks just like that and she's at 352 today. Geez...I hope she doesn't go to 365+ (daddy needs sleep
default_wink.png
). I really never thought I'd me waiting this long since my first mare went at 312 (a big, healthy filly). But that has no bearing, I guess. I'm noticing a lot of late gestations this year...The moon/weather perhaps
default_unsure.png

And, yeah, she is 200% in foal
default_wink.png

Good Luck! Wishing you and her and baby a safe, happy foaling adventure.

Matt

Hi,

My first mare had her foal at 346 days.

I have another mare is due but she wax early and today is her 305.

She really has a FULL bag up and now waiting for next signs.. hehe!!..

It is hard - we finally set up our cam and hooked to our small TV in our bedroom so I can check on her at night and etc..

I liked this website, http://www.crayonboxminiatures.com/Foalingsigns.html

I think the easy way to tell is by looking at inside of vulva and when they are using bathroom like cow pies.

Good Luck!!... It is always worth to wait!...

God Bless

363 days, and she has never gone that long again......

So much for mares repeating their gestation dates.

It sure does not happen here!

Yes, 402! the mare was bred on only 1 cycle, so breeding dates were correct. We sent her to New Bolton Center to foal out because our vet thought there had to be a problem. Nope! the oven was set on slow cook, apparently. the mare had a gorgeous pinto filly and an easy delivery.

(I sold that mare right afterwards - there was NO WAY we were going to be on foal watch with her again!)

My grandma always told me when the apple was ripe it would fall from the tree. Gosh, sometimes you just want to get hold of that tree limb and shake it don't you?

387 days here absolutely positive on the dates. I remember the 402 days when I was waiting on Merryweather. This year I think she is going to go to the 365 day mark. She is 340 today and not looking like she is going to any time soon. Good luck, she definitely looks very pregnant. She is pretty too from what I can see of her.

My longest was 366 days, this mare has since had the rest of foals in the 340 day range.

I have this mares daughter that was born at that 366 day. She is in foal and at 360 days as of today! Driving me crazy, no sleep for a month.
default_sad.png
She is a maiden and fat as a house. She has had every symptom you can imagine for the last 3 weeks, including cow pies daily, lies flat out and breathes hard always, swets, rubs, stomps the groubd and on and on.....
default_rolleyes.gif

I have a show this weekend and don't know what I'm going to do with her yet
default_wacko.png

I feel for all the rest of you still waiting on this slow bake foals
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back