gestation time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylsminis

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked alot on the forum but please allow me to post it one more time.

What is the average gestational time for a mare?

I have been using 300-320 days for my mares since I don't know an average gestation on any of them.

I have had two foals born here. One came at 325, the other at 329. I start watching close ,and I mean very close.at 290 until they get here. My experience so far.

Lowest was 322, and highest was 349. The lowest was closest to the longest day of the year (June 22 was the birth date), and the longest was closest to the shortest day of the year (Born Feb. 7).

Liz M.

I have my due dates calculated at 300 days this year... Past foals have been 325, 328, 330 (2 foals) and 343 days. The 325, 328 and one 330 foals were all fillies, the other 330 foal and the 343 foal were both colts

I calculate my due dates from 11 months after the last breeding date. Having said that, I've had mares foal from 297 to 349 days. I start checking for udder development around 280 days.

:aktion033: Thanks so much for all the responses to my post. I'm sure this will be helpful to me.

Latest posts

Back