Gelding hardship

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Well, thank goodness, they have lowered the fees on hardshipping geldings. I myself don't think it went far enough...the geldings are nothing but PURE REVENUE for the registry, we should want every gelding possible in.

Edited to add I think they should have made it even cheaper, but $200 is within reach of most who exhibit and better than nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was happy to see they reduced the gelding hardship fee too--I know it's a topic that's come up on here many times.

That is awesome!!!
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

I was very excited to read this! We have a gelding, along with 2 mares, we are hardshipping in when they turn 5 in 2010. Having the gelding fee dropped to $200 will help out alot when hardshipping that many! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

I missed the meeting, I have a question maybe someone could answer... If the Registry is closing dosnt that mean that geldings wont be able to be hardhipped or did they change that?

As of now, based on what was passed at the 2008 meeting, the hardship registration does not close until 1013.

Susan O.

so , after 2013 gelding or not you wont be able to be hardshipped at all correct?

Have any of the requirements changed? Do they have to have at least one parent that was AMHA or doesn't it matter? So if I have a gelding that is strictly AMHR (don't know what the sire and dam are) if he is under 34" (he is 32") then I can hardship him into AMHA for 200.00?

yes, if he is five year old. Is that your little driving horse? Maybe you CAN show him AOTE this year!
default_smile.png

yes, if he is five year old. Is that your little driving horse? Maybe you CAN show him AOTE this year!
default_smile.png
Yep, will have to do some heavy thinking on that one!!! He definitely fits the age requirements. Sure would be nice since we want to hit more AMHA shows this year.

That is awesome and what needed to be done! Go AMHA for showing you support your geldings!

Now if they pass the new driving class I think we will hardship in my friend's gelding.

ETA: Does anyone know when they are going to talk about the new driving class? With me having dial up its impossible for me to catch the live feed. Also are they voting again on reinsmanship? I thought I saw it in the World but can't remeber?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back