Gee thanks, Scarlet!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Well, for just a bit it looked as if I could show at least one horse this weekend...the farrier was scheduled, Keith was picking up a new clipper blade, and the weather forecast looked okay for a bath (horse bath, that is).

I am, however, jinxed for this particular show/clinic.

I should have been wary when our farrier called to say he'd be early -- when does that ever happen? I raced out to halter Scarlet and Mingus, bring them out and clean then up. Flash was on deck.

Now, all of my horses are good with trimming, and they love Billy, oue farrier. Mingus stood patiently, waiting for his treat. Scarlet, however, is in heat, and had Flash calling to her. Still, she was good until three feet down, one to go, when she reared and brought her foreleg down hard on mt left arm.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm left-handed?

I thought I'd be okay until I returned Scarlet to the corral and could not unbuckle her halter. With Billy's help, we got Flash trimmed and everyone back enjoying their newly trimmed toes.

I'd give you the gory details of doctors, x-rays, fingerlocks avd cast, but I am typing with one hand -- suffice it to say that my wrist is rather badly broken and may need surgery.

So, I'll be a spectator this weekend, not even able to offer any help to anyone. Even tossing hay is difficult, as is making coffee. Scarlet trots about, blissfully unaware, winking at Flash in the next corral. I tell her what Keith and I say when we're less than thrilled with each other:

"I love you anyway."

Oh dear..........so sorry. That's a real shame. Sounds painful too. Get well soon
default_smile.png

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ARM, MURPHYS LAW, I KNOW AS I'M SORTA THERE. FIXING A STALLIONS PEN AND MESSED MY CARPLE TUNNEL UP AGAIN. MURPHYS LAW IF IT CAN IT WILL. GOOD LUCK :arg!

OOOOOuch! I hope you don't have to go the surgry route and that the whole thing heals quickly.

You must be one tough cookie to go on working with a broken arm!
default_sad.png

Charlotte

Ahhh horses, don't ya just love them. My stallion is being a tad testy with mares in heat and was bringing him to a stall and he did a side kick that caught the front of my right shin
default_crybaby.gif
a week ago and I did manage to get him in his pen.
default_deadhorse2.gif
I have not sworn that much since I gave birth to my son
default_footinmouth.gif
I limped back to the house and set and cried for awhile took two very large pain pills -iced it up-cried some more and then hubby looked at it and said "looks broke"- YA THINK!"
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
It is still very swollen and hot to touch but is finally feeling better and the swelling down to the ankle is better too even my toes do not look like little piggys in a blanket! I just could not bring myself to go to the doctor again (sorry I am sick to death of them right now) I have pain pills-a walking boot-cane-a walker-pain pills-ice-pain pills-heat-ice pain pills...all left over from previous accidents and surgeries to get me through.
default_whistling.gif
Good Luck and hope your typing skills and right handedness will improve with use...Oh and give the little sweetie a hug and tell her that you know she didn't mean to hurt you...and repeat "I LOVE my horses"
default_blush.png

So, I'll be a spectator this weekend, not even able to offer any help to anyone. Even tossing hay is difficult, as is making coffee. Scarlet trots about, blissfully unaware, winking at Flash in the next corral. I tell her what Keith and I say when we're less than thrilled with each other:

"I love you anyway."
Doggone bad luck! I'm so sorry! I will NOT let my hubby read your note here... I'm trying to convince him how much safer minis are compared to large horses!!! Don't tell him! We'll probably find you and sit with you and he'll freak out LOL At least I'll know who you are... the one with the banged up arm.

so sorry.

I have pain pills-a walking boot-cane-a walker-pain pills-ice-pain pills-heat-ice pain pills...all left over from previous accidents and surgeries to get me through
Better living through pharmaceuticals! Sorry you are also banged up!

Don't they hurt your feelings when they do things like that. We do so much for them, we think, and this is how they thank me. Little sods. Really hurts your feelings.

Susanne, hope you and Minie812 are better soon and the horses are suitably contrite.
default_wub.png
:wub

Thanks, everyone -- Just do you know, it really doesn't hurt too badly -- it's mostly the inconvenience and some discomfort from the swelling.

Helicopter, you nailed it! Nothing like having one of yout babies injure you!

minie812, be sure to keep that leg elevated -- I understand not wanting to go in, but you need it to heal properlt, so be careful!

Knottymare, we'll downplay the arm around your husband -- plus Keith is the ultimate horse husband. He thought he was afraid of horses intil he met Mingus, and now he's totally smitten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knottymare, we'll downplay the arm around your husband -- plus Keith is the ultimate horse husband. He thought he was afraid of horses intil he met Mingus, and now he's totally smitten.
LOL... maybe I should keep Mike away from Keith! He was badly injured twice last year. 1st was a BAD blow up out in the back country where he ended up tossed into a rock pile. Ended up getting him down the mountain ourselves but had to call 911 when he blacked out! Bruised spleen, contusions, concussion. Then, last November, he was kicked in the face, breaking his cheek and shattering his eye orbit and sinus. He barely has a scar now but will always have to wear glasses to correct the vision damage. He isn't too fond of horses anymore but he's warming up to the minis!

Oh gutta love those minis! My mom had to have surgery on her leg do to one of my geldings landing on it after she fell! Hope you heal quickly!!!
default_smile.png

I am surprised that you are not taking this opportunity to develop your one handed reinsmanship. I have seen how resourceful you were during the flood when you adapted your cart to accommodate the high water. This won't slow you down for long.

Ron

Great idea, Ron...turn armbreak into Achenbach! Hmm...does it matter that I'd be using my right hand instead of left?

Funny thing is, Keith just told me he realizes he now has to learn to harness, as he knows my patience with no driving won't last long.

Back