Gas Prices so high Anybody Using E--85??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shminifancier

Reaction score
Newer cars and trucks can use this E-85 and at a cost of close to .30 cents a gal cheaper well????? Why not use it, that is if available? There are a few gas station in my area now selling this E-85... But my '94 car I can only go to 10% and not any higher
no.gif
... Poo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I filled up this morning as I have to about every other day anyway. From this morning to after work(8 hours) the gas jumped 22 cents.

I have a 04 car, but dont dare put anything other then the normal stuff in it.

I just feel bad for most people. I make more money then the average joe, and the cost of gas is killing me even.

IM lucky little Boo was in the sale last weekend and not this weekend, or I would of had to pass on him. ( but no sorry he still isnt going anywhere now
wub.gif
)

You can look in the cars manual it will say whether you can go that high of mixture or not Here is what E-85 is::

Ethanol is a biodegradable fuel additive produced from corn. E85 is an alternative fuel produced by blending 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. It is a clean-burning, domestically produced, renewable fuel that contributes to decreased dependence on imported oil. Automobiles called flexible fuel vehicles are designed to run on E85.

Ashley said:
Well I filled up this morning as I have to about every other day anyway.  From this morning to after work(8 hours) the gas jumped 22 cents. 
I have a 04 car, but don't dare put anything other then the normal stuff in it. 

I just feel bad for most people.  I make more money then the average Joe, and  the cost of gas is killing me even.

I'M lucky little Boo was in the sale last weekend and not this weekend, or I would of had to pass on him. ( but no sorry he still isn't going anywhere now
wub.gif
)

472411[/snapback]

The only ethanol we can get here is from Mohawk; I have no idea what percentage it is, but they have 2 (or is it 3??) grades to chose from. It's supposed to be safe to use in my older vehicles ('83 & '87!)--at least the regular grade is, I'm not sure about their premium grade--I was buying it for awhile, but won't use it now. The one truck ended up with a bunch of crud in the one tank that I was always using; I can't say for sure which gas caused the problem because I was alternating between Mohawk & one other station. But, the other truck was being filled up at Mohawk each & every time, always the same tank, and that tank ended up with so much water in it that unless I have it removed & emptied out, it's just not possible to get the water out of it. So, I now use just the other tank...no problem, I can't afford to fill both tanks now anyway!!
laugh.gif

In any case, our "gas-a-hol" at Mohawk is the same price as gasoline, so there's no savings there even if you do use it.

Latest posts

Back