Furry Photo Shoot.. Can't wait for show season and clipped horses!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hopefully,,, the LAST hairy photos[/SIZE]

I was visiting my filly Panda and snapped some pics...

at Danielle Hill Training Center @ Hopkins Heavensent Farm

The ECMHC show is next weekend,,, can't wait to photograph

some clipped horses!!!!

This is a Billy Idol filly.. I just Love her!! (Can't wait for Semi's Billy baby)

owned by: http://hopkinsheavensentminiatures.com/index.php

[SIZE=12pt]Her name is Hopkins Valentine Idol[/SIZE]

2009web.jpg

DSC_8969lowres.jpg

DSC_9088lowres.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]This is one of Peas' fillies... Look at that tiny head!!!! She is a doll[/SIZE]

DSC_9041web.jpg

DSC_9107web.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]a colt of Peas'..... this boy has a HUGE trot....of course, he declined to trot for pics..... LOL double [/SIZE]

Black Velvet breeding, a really beautiful colt

DSC_9385tailweb.jpg

DSC_9390leftweb.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]And last... my filly... Ravenwood Aristocrats Only the Best "Panda"[/SIZE]

She is gonna get a hair cut this week.. and I can't wait for the show!!!!!

Here she is in all her HAIRY glory.... I LOVE her
default_smile.png
)))

Not sure if I will have her papers in time to show in ammy... shucky-darn.... hehehe

DSC_9486web.jpg

Really beautiful photos and beautiful horses

Lisa

your getting so amazing sandy!!

Those are beautiful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, gorgeous pics of GORGEOUS horses!!

Great pics, and I love your filly!

What aperture were you shooting at?

Great pics, and I love your filly!What aperture were you shooting at?

Hi

I took these in Aperture Priority F2-.8 to F3.5 1/5000

The colt was shutter priority 1/800 We thought he was gonna do some trotting! hehe NOT!

It was a Very cold Windy morning.... Can't wait for summer

Thanks Sandy, I have only been playing with shutter priority and need to branch out and start using the aperture more, at least for stills. I bought a book on exposure, but haven't cracked it yet.

Beautiful photos of some very beautiful horses!

Thanks Sandy, I have only been playing with shutter priority and need to branch out and start using the aperture more, at least for stills. I bought a book on exposure, but haven't cracked it yet.

[email protected], these are some real nice photographers.. ")))

I love messing around with aperture too. hehehe 2.8... very thin window to work in....

I get some fuzzy shots,, ok, quite a few....! but I like it for head shots.

Your pictures are wonderful! you don't post enough of them!!!!

FINALLY!!! I can easily view your photo threads now that I have broadband!! I LOVE your photos.

And your Panda...absolutely beautiful.

I love them all!!! Especially Valentine (looks so much like my Infinity and Cover Girl!!!) and your Panda
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I love messing around with aperture too. hehehe 2.8... very thin window to work in....

Sandy, I LOVE your photos, they are always awesome!!!! I hope to meet you at a few shows this year. Beautiful subjects you have too!
default_wub.png
Panda is stunning!

I've been fiddling with the aperture a lot lately too, but it really does not seem make a difference on my camera. Maybe I just need to balance things out, but 2.8 looks basically the same as 8.5!!!!
default_wacko.png
What kind of camera do you have Sandy? I have a Canon Powershot S5 IS, but in a few years I would love to upgrade, at least a bit. The Canon Rebel looks nice. Of course, so does a million dollars......
default_laugh.png

Rebecca

Sandy, I LOVE your photos, they are always awesome!!!! I hope to meet you at a few shows this year. Beautiful subjects you have too!
default_wub.png
Panda is stunning!

I've been fiddling with the aperture a lot lately too, but it really does not seem make a difference on my camera. Maybe I just need to balance things out, but 2.8 looks basically the same as 8.5!!!!
default_wacko.png
What kind of camera do you have Sandy? I have a Canon Powershot S5 IS, but in a few years I would love to upgrade, at least a bit. The Canon Rebel looks nice. Of course, so does a million dollars......
default_laugh.png

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca

Try checking the manual. It may help. It is fun messing around and seeing the different effects.

My camera is a Nikon D300. The manual is my best friend
default_smile.png
)

Good Luck

Hey Jill.. Yep Valentine does remind me of your girls. So pretty,, those girls !!

~Sandy

Latest posts

Back