We Really ARE here ....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
There was a post recently asking where Holly and I have been? We've been here all the while
default_saludando.gif

We do check posts frequently to see "wuzzup" with everyone - just haven't been posting - sorry - seems LB been alittle quiet/slow lately and we've been busy. .

Those that are FB friends have an inside scoop on what's been going on at White Tails lately. Us gals have been busy as always.

We are participating in the LB Secret Santa again this year - our 3rd year.

We recently posted a new ad on the sale board.

We had our 2nd annual photo shoot with our fabulous Kelly Roe again this year (lasted 3 days in hot temps and boy did we all work hard!).

We've sold some horses - thank you to all those that support our program.

We've bought (what else is new) some new horses as crazy as that may seem. LOL

We've ultra-sounded our first batch of mares - thank you to Lynn from Timeless Minis and will do another batch with Lynn in early January.

We attended the World Show in Ft Worth for our vrey first time and still can't stop thinking about our exciting experience nor the awesome folks we met in person finally. That was Holly's very first plane ride too! LOL We went without husbands and without kids OMG what a change that was! LOL

We're busy building a huge new building (those on FB probably SICK and tired of our updates on that project LOL)

We've put Kelly through the ringer updating our website with all the new professional photos and videos from the photoshoot not to mention her work on our recent ad.

We had another ad featured in the October issue of the World Magazine (anybody see that? LOL).

Paid two seperate visits to Toni Reece to pick up our new purchases and while there, visited Deborah Hopkins at her fabulous farm for the first time.

Through my FB page I recently did a farm page for White Tail Miniatures since mine is also personal stuff - the farm page is strictly the breeding program so I don't post much except to add new horses, announce sales, and breeding info or advertisements. Not much conversational stuff there like my personal one.

So, yes we're here and totally involved in minis - all the way committed and refining our breeding program, making new friends and staying in touch daily with our old friends. Were not going anywhere! Nice that some few noticed and actually did a post to ask about us - nice to have friends like you.

With that said, I'd like to take this time to please introduce our newest members to our program since May (those in Jan - April were already announced when we were posting regularly):

A Patton daughter with filly at side (beautiful palomino filly; Patton & Buckeroo cross)

A White Russian daughter

A Billion Bucks daughter

You can check the girls out on our website.

Now for the latest additions in November - we have:

LM Idols Hawks Colt 45 ....... A Billy Idol son who's also a Knighthawk grandson (fabulous cross as you know):

DSC_92892.jpg

DSC_9316.jpg

Then we've couldn't stop there when the opportunity arose to add a Two Time Top 5 World Champion (2010 and again this year 2011) to our program.

Rogers HSR Destinys Amore .... a 28.5 inch son of Alvadars Double Destiny and a grandson of White Russian:

largeFile1.jpg

smallFile2.jpg

We're always posting on our FB pages (holly under her name and me under mine) so check in on us there - its a fun place and no drama
default_rolleyes.gif

I LOVE colt 45. I was good and did not bid...
default_no.gif
but man oh man he and one mare had me SOOOOOOOOOOO tempted
default_wacko.png
I refused to even look on the last day
default_no.gif

I'm not a FB person so I hope you'll keep us up to date here as well
default_smile.png

I'm glad you played SS, even if I did have to drag you here kicking and screaming
default_laugh.png
(I'm joking)

Nice to see you here!

Oh my I wonder if the new building is a barn?? I want to see it Please!!!! I cannot find you on facebook.

Thanks everyone ....

REO you need to come into the current technology LOL You'd be amazed at the horse people all over the world that you get to know. I have more horse-related "friends" on FB than I do regular people LOL I'd say my friends and family are bored to tears with my 99% horse topics and photos LOL And they are probably upset theres more "strangers horse related" than family and friends.

JAX when I saw Colt 45 I did the "buy now" within 24 hours of starting time as I knew he was going to get alot of attention and somebody surely would snatch him up so I ensured I didn't miss out. LOL

JAX the FB page is under my name: Marlene Graves and then there's a farm page White Tail Farm Miniature Horses.

Forgot to add that we also buried more underground water lines to avoid all the dozens of hoses connected together to travel 600 and 800 feet in all directions. Not only is it difficult to handle frozen hoses in winter but mowing around these hoses was horrible too. Now we have pretty much all of it underground with frost free hydrants at different pastures so we an use a very short piece of hose about 6 foot long to do water troughs and short piece of hose be easy to carry in and out after draining. We buried electric line in same trench so I can have an outlet at each hydrant to run heaters for the troughs and not have hundreds of extension cords hooked together everywhere. LOL Livestock people understand what a difference underground water lines make but non-horsey folks think its rather a silly thing to be excited over. LOL

We were busy in the hay fields too - got 107 round bales and that is much lower than usual with the erratic weather we had. Didn't even bother with square bales this year. I usually buy the square bales from the amish for the barn and smaller areas that wouldn't do with a round bale. I'm already putting out the round bales in the bigger groups.

I also forgot to mention some milestones for our area such as the first time ever for an earthquake in Southern Maryland (well I think it was something like in a hundred years or more LOL) - anyway it was freaky with stuff off of counters on floors, crooked pictures on walls, and few broken things. Never would have thought I'd see that here in my day.

Then right after we got the hurricane - can't even remember her name now but got more damage from the tropical storm a week later than we did the hurricane. LOL I posted photos of our horrible road washout and our dam to our pond overflowing and the road across the creek about to wash away - it was really scarey and we were out there in the floods trying to remove the debris to keep things from falling apart. Three things back to back was a history making season here for sure. Areas without power for weeks and no school - just too much for our little rink-dink town to handle.

I think that about catches everyone up - - we're alive and kicking and yes we do pop in on LB to see what everyone's up to - we'll try to get better at making time to post again - that is, until you're sick of us and our stories LOL

Happy Holidays everyone ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Marlene so great to hear from you! I am drooling over colt 45, what a nice lookn boy!
default_wub.png
I too no longer have a FB page, so try to keep up on lilbeginnings. Wishing you the best with your program and hope your holidays are wonderful!

Congratulations on both your new boys! I love, love, love the Billy Idol son
default_wub.png
if you ever get tired of looking at him, feel free to send him over here
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Me for one also love FB and do see your updates and love your new addition of the barn, been watching that progress.

Love all you horses and your new additions there too..
default_saludando.gif

Glad to see you checking in and for posting the lovely pictures of your new horses. The storm that caused all the flooding was tropical storm Lee, it was awful! I'm so happy to see you guys have caught the showing bug! Merry Christmas, and Happy Holiday.

REO you need to come into the current technology LOL
I have an FB account and have well over 1000 friends. I find that I don't have time for FB, thanks
default_smile.png

Some people are into it and some are not.

I live here at LB and between LB and my own email, I don't have time to search down people to see what they might be up to.
default_smile.png
My friends know where to find me if they want me.
default_yes.gif

Just be sure and stop in here once in a while for those of us that don't "do" FB.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back