Funny comment someone said to me today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
I went to a graduation party for the daughter a coworker/friend. Her daughter has been riding/showing for many years. Many of the people at the party were from the same barn where they've boarded their daughter's horse. Obviously the conversation at the table was about horses. My friend let them know that we had minis so the conversation swung my way for a bit.

At one point, one lady actually asked me "You groom them all yourself?"

I was honestly speechless for a second because my brain, I think, didn't comprehend what she meant. Of course I groom them myself! Who else would do it? I did keep myself from asking "You don't?" LOL :p

I realized that all of these people board their horses and must do full boarding where they don't do the bulk of the care themselves. Having never been in that particular situation, I had never given it much thought.

And of course, I got the "Why didn't you get something you could ride?" more than once.
rolleyes.gif
At least no one asked "What do you DO with them?" LOL!

LOL that is funny ! I find the mini's harder to groom than my big horses as they are harder on the back. I love the comments too, I get the " Well what are they good for" or "Atleast get a horse you can ride" comments a lot. Usually my reply is " Do you ride your dog ? No well what good is he ?" I know a lot of people that have full size horses that they NEVER ride but still ask me why I would get a horse that is useless (LOL).

My response would have been:" Well the cat tried to but it was all the hairballs. I see what she means.." then acting like I was plucking hair from my mouth.

Useless bah...they are very helpful! I can think of the reasons they are helpful.. Must list on another thread

Carla and Spike who says...*if only I had opposable thumbs*

Latest posts

Back