fun idea

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Wanted to share a fun idea my husband came up with. Our pastures aren't growing right now and we give our animals an afternoon snack and game break. Both our horses and donkey look forward to their afternoon game and wait in front of the barn at noon looking for my husband. We take several trash cans, plastic cans with snap on lids, and big water buckets and put a small amount of hay in them. We put two buckets together with just a touch of hay poking out and a touch poking under the lid of the cans. The "guys" love rolling the cans around and pulling on the lids to get to the hay. They even use their hoofs to paw lids off and pull buckets apart. The first few times we bearly put the lids on or pushed the buckets together and now we push and snap on tight, their pros. Some days, when we have time, we "hide" hay under buckets, behind stumps, in the barn and such for them to find. Helps with boredom at this time of the year too. P.J. is a champ at this game, the donkey, and we can hide hay just for him in the places the girls can't go or don't think to look. He's the small guy.
default_smile.png
One of our horses is amazing at unsnapping the trash can lids.

chico

You have got to get pictures of that
default_yes.gif
: You know they look forward to that!

My girls wake the dead with begging at 8 am and then again around 4pm

I can't imagine how they act when we are not here for that 4 pm dinner time
default_rolleyes.gif
:

So ...lol..if we started something like that we would have to come home for lunch and play
default_smile.png

They would love to play and they would NEVER forget the play time routine either.

Get some pics...we would love to see them
default_wink.png
:

yes,,,we need pictures.

I how ever have too much grass,,though this time of year they can be on it all day and they will not get over weight...or under weight for that matter. If Ella wants to play..she will just pick on the horses until someone plays with her. She is such a princess.

I do have a joyly ball hung up on the round pen she likes to play with. Have it tied up with a skip knot which she knows how to untie. And with that..you have to make sure she can't get to the knot say like when you have the farrier coming over and everyone is tied up waiting for him..so she will not untie herself and be in the middle of what ever you are doing.

You already know she likes playing with the big blue tarp.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be fun to see but I must say, if I did this, Nate would think I'd absolutely lost my mind!

I can take pictures, but posting may be interesting. I'm kinda backword on the computer...
default_unsure.png
: I'll try! I live in the Northwest, so our pastures are WET at this time of year and the grass isn't growing. In another few months things will be better. My husband works from home much of the time and so game time is possible. I do the job when he can't. It's a hoot to watch. :bgrin

Marnie, Who's Nate? He'd only need to watch once to enjoy the game.

Shari, Nobody likes our joyly ball. Balls of any kind are BAD in our horses and donkey miond.
default_smile.png

chico

Latest posts

Back