Fun at the Show...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
First PCMHC show of the year - seems that the club show volunteers are all burned out before the season's even started this year - it was like the show staff AGAINST the people showing (even though there'd be no shows at all if the exhibitors didn't show up and PAY!)

Tensions were high and it seemed like no one was having fun... :no:

Well, I'm there to have fun! It's too expensive and too much effort to show if you can't enjoy yourself! So Brenda and I were there with our bright purple "tent" (soon to be TWO tents, for those of you who remember our Nationals costumes in 2005!) :bgrin We brought Appy and Wow and Lucky and hung out between classes having a good time!

We didn't have Wow's papers back from AMHR, so we couldn't show her, but we wanted her to get used to the idea of shows (and we wanted to show her off!
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) - so B braided her up in pink ribbons and we all decorated ourselves for St. Patrick's day (Appy even wore a green bow tie on his harness in our driving classes - more about them later on!)

So anyway - we hope that we did our share to brighten the day and bring some smiles to people's faces!

Here's a couple of shots of Wow and B and her various outfits!

wow-bee.jpg

cool-wow.jpg

Good for you lifting the spirits of the show!

It has to be fun!

Very cute photos, very patient horse! :aktion033:

Love those glasses..gotta get a pair for myself... :bgrin

Ok for those of you who don't know, I'm the "B" that Karen talks about. K & I had a wonderful time at the show and I can't wait for the next one!

I have to add my two cents worth about Wow. She is only 7 months old and we have only had her for less than a month. Patient doesn't even come close!
default_wub.png
: She stood perfectly still while I braided (and re-braided) the ribbons into her mane.

We taped the glasses to her halter (she got a new pink camo halter at the show) and she never complained. We walked all over the place and people kept asking "How long did it take for her to get used to the glasses?". I said "As long as it took us to tape them on." We gave lots of smiles that day and Wow got lots of compliments.

This is one special little horse. I can't like her more than my horses, Star and Minn, or the boys, Appy and Beau, because I would get in terrible trouble :eek: but Wow is definitely #5 on my list!

She is a total snuggle bug, already shakes "hands" and has wonderful movement. You can't help but love her.
default_wub.png
:

Karen,

I missed the show, but can see I missed the un fun part! We dont have anything but foals to show in AMHR this year so we will not be there until the May show, I sure hope they take some pepi pills so we can have some fun. I am sure you all looked cute and I rather like the idea of dressing up for St. Pattys day, good idea.

Ok for those of you who don't know, I'm the "B" that Karen talks about. K & I had a wonderful time at the show and I can't wait for the next one!

I have to add my two cents worth about Wow. She is only 7 months old and we have only had her for less than a month. Patient doesn't even come close!
default_wub.png
: She stood perfectly still while I braided (and re-braided) the ribbons into her mane.

We taped the glasses to her halter (she got a new pink camo halter at the show) and she never complained. We walked all over the place and people kept asking "How long did it take for her to get used to the glasses?". I said "As long as it took us to tape them on." We gave lots of smiles that day and Wow got lots of compliments.

This is one special little horse. I can't like her more than my horses, Star and Minn, or the boys, Appy and Beau, because I would get in terrible trouble :eek: but Wow is definitely #5 on my list!

She is a total snuggle bug, already shakes "hands" and has wonderful movement. You can't help but love her.
default_wub.png
:
Hi "B"

Well your two cents was just worth a million to me
default_yes.gif
: That makes me feel so good to know my babies are well socialized when they go to their new homes... I spend tons of time with my foals just handling and loving them. They are so special to me as all my minis are but it's most important to me to have them be very friendly and not skiddish or affraid of anything before they leave my farm.

I'm so happy that you and "K" love her and I love seeing pics of her
default_wub.png
: Thank you so much for your special comments on my little girl "DRK Sheez Gona WoW Ya" I miss her LOTS !!!!

Latest posts

Back