Freedom needs a new home :-(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
default_saludando.gif

I haven't posted in ages! Been busy busy busy!

Many of you will remember the story of my rescue mare, Freedom. I took her in to foster her for New England Equine Rescues back in Dec. She had come through the New Holland Auction with 30 other mini mares and bought up by a "kill buyer". We raised the money to pull her and I offered to quarantine her for the rescue. When I discovered she was pregnant I offered to see her through the pregnancy and foaling. When the weeks turned into months I became very attached to Freedom and her to me. I planned to adopt her at some point.

So fast forward to now....the beautiful colt is now almost 5 months old. Unfortunately I am finding it really tough to have Freedom and the colt on the same small property!! Although they are weaned nursing wise, they are still inseperable because they are just a paddock away from each other! I can't even lock Freedom in her stall at night because she has come up and over the door!

I've tried putting her with my other Mini's so maybe she would forget the colt but she is just to protective and has gone after them! She's a whopping 37" and my other 3 are 28" and 32" so she could definitely hurt them! So she is in her own small pen and I hate that!! I want her to have the best!!!! She deserves it!!!

I think once she is away from her baby she will make a nice companion as she is very sweet!

Potential adopters will go through me first and then if I feel you are a good match I will send you on to the rescue group. There you will fill out their application etc. You will be required to sign a contract to insure Freedom will never be given away, she would come back to the rescue if for some reason you could no longer keep her. Typical adoption stuff. You would also have to be local enough to MA for me to come meet you!

Freedom is about 37" tall, approx 6-7 yrs old. She does have a cateract in her left eye and is totally blind in that eye. Doesn't bother her at all. She's a sweet sweet girl that just LOVES attention!!!! She deserves to go to someone who feels for her story and wants to make the rest of her life wonderful!

Tammy

365575788.jpg

Tammy,

She looks adorable and so does her colt!! I hope you find her a very loving home. My prayers are with you.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png
Sherry

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Sherry! I will certainly be very picky with this girl, she deserves only the best! It will break my heart to see her go but I want her to have more then I can give right now (mainly a lot more space to run!)!

I had someone come see her last week that I turned down!!! She was stricktly looking for a free companion and didn't care what it was! She felt Mini's were a "dime a dozen" and didn't even care to hear Freedom's whole story! I am certainly NOT looking for a home like that! She will only go to someone who falls in love with her , understands, knows and appreciates Mini's!!!!

It would be especially nice to see someone who wanted to take her to some local unrated Mini shows!

Thanks again for your good thoughts!

Tammy

Latest posts

Back